Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, This Nick guy was the person who repped FI before Rich. If they were using this guy, why did they go with Rich in the first place? And if they saw a reason to go with Rich over Nick in the past, why are they going back to him?

I wonder what is going on here. For me, this raises more questions than it answers. I'm glad they're putting SOMEONE to contact though, instead of a scavanger hunt for a number like it has been the past couple weeks. I'm just glad this issue was taken care of for me. I couldn't imagine going through this still with different booking agents not knowing if I have a vacation.

I also don't understand why they just reposted the original email from post 9 of this thread? If their new booking agent was from/in the US, you would think this new email would be worded a bit more correctly grammer wise. It took me several times to decypher the original email as it isn't proper grammer in many places. Not that I'm the spelling police but, if you're trying to explain something to a customer, it would best serve you to type it in the clearest manner possible.

Last edited:
Update: This email was addressed from roatantravelservices.com this is a different email than the first one I recieved from FI. It appears to be from this Nick not FI. I wonder if this was an authorized contact for FI or someone trying to get involved in something that he wasn't asked too. Like I said before if Nick was involved before Rich, why is FI being involved with him again???

Since this email is addressed differently, I'm unsure if it was even from FI or from this Nick directly. Hopefully it was authorized by the resort, and not someones attempt at shoving their way into this situation..... If this was in fact from FI, they need to keep all of their correspondance from one source. I don't know who I'm getting emails from on that side of the fence.

With the different email address, this confuses me even more. Is this from FI, or is it from someone else. If it is someone else, are they authorized to speak for FI?

Yes, Nick has been booking for FIBR for years. My best guess is that Rich offered to do it for less, got the contract, then decided he wasn't making it on cheap commissions so had to save himself by withholding monies and farming out the bookings - but that's just a guess.

Yes, Nick has been booking for FIBR for years. My best guess is that Rich offered to do it for less, got the contract, then decided he wasn't making it on cheap commissions so had to save himself by withholding monies and farming out the bookings - but that's just a guess.

Well either that or it was performance based. It seems that they were attempting to change their image with Rich, judging by the number of changes the resort went through during his tenure. It very well could be a money issue, or it could be something worse.

All I know is people don't get fired for no reason, and as you say Nick was booking for years. Unless Rich's commission was WAY less, it wouldn't be good business to terminate Nick for just money. I have employee's of different pay scales as well. I wouldn't fire my highest paid unless he was either A. His performance was slipping therefore, the cost/benefit ratio was slipping B. He was becoming less reliable C. I was going broke and simply couldn't afford the cost of the employee Or D. they found someone who could do the job better even if they cost more.

Long term employees don't get fired because of a few dollars. There is a reason why people make good money. They make the boss good money. Since they hired him back I doubt it was reason A or B. Since they did major improvements, I doubt they fired him because they were going broke either.

It seems much more likely like your guess is correct but, in reverse. The hired Rich even though he was more expensive. Perhaps they couldn't afford his higher commission and tried to "renegotiate" Rich's contract and that's where this whole problem is coming from. Perhaps they wanted to use Rich's ideas and when they felt they improved enough, drop him down to the rate Nick was getting.

There's my guess. Good as anyone elses I suppose. Only a select few people know for sure.

Also, do you know if Nick is officially rehired as the booking agent of FI? I wonder if he is or just sees an opportunity to profit from this disaster.

Update: This email was addressed from roatantravelservices.com...

...With the different email address, this confuses me even more. Is this from FI, or is it from someone else. If it is someone else, are they authorized to speak for FI?

If you think your confused now, ... follow the link and you won't be feelin' any better. While the link will ultimately lead you to the FI travel site, it also lists several other resorts that Nick represents. And two of these other resorts are listed as ... (drum roll please) ... HM resorts. (Roatan Hotels, Hotel Roatan Honduras - Henry Morgan Resorts)

Small world isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom