Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...maybe withholding deposits and causing reservations to crash ... yeah, that could work. And then I could claim it was the other guys just behaving badly ... and then I could rush in to save the day and come out smelling like a rose...

Not to mention that the "rose" potentially now has 7 different properties he can book for since the "HM Resorts" website show that.

Now let's see ... if I wanted to steal customers away from an old alliance :voodoo: and move them to a new alliance just how would I go about it ...?

Hmm...

...maybe withholding deposits and causing reservations to crash ... yeah, that could work. And then I could claim it was the other guys just behaving badly ... and then I could rush in to save the day and come out smelling like a rose...

...it could actually work !!! ... and nobody will ever catch on !!!

let's hope not anyway or else it will lead to :angrymob:

(Note: this is just fictional commentary and any similarity to actual events which may or may not have occurred is purely coincidental)

Logically I have doubts that, that is how it went down if in fact Rich is at fault. That's pretty pre-meditated and is a rarity except for the most malicious of personalities.

I'd have to believe if Rich is at fault, this all came about as a series of events, involving him and FI, escalation of some misunderstanding or dispute between them, possibly involving commisions or payments? until it got to the point that Rich said - F-U to them, fine, then I'll just send these people elsewhere and screw you guys.

The truth is usually somewhere more in the middle then just one party plain out-right going off the deepend suddenly out of no-where.

I'd have to believe if Rich is at fault, this all came about as a series of events, involving him and FI, escalation of some misunderstanding or dispute between them, ...

Absolutely in agreement. Rarely is it a one sided issue.

... then I'll just send these people elsewhere ...

This is where I come into disagreement. A true professional walks away cleanly. He doesn't take hostages on his way out the door no matter how unhappy he is with the situation. And to hold the vacations of all these people hostage without their knowledge or approval was totally unprofessional. Ultimately, the ability of a person to act in a professional manner even in the worst of situations is clearly a measure of his character. And, I’m just not seeing it here.

More importantly, how would you feel if someone rerouted your dream vacation just because he was at odds with the place you wanted to stay. That is not his decision to make.

More importantly, how would you feel if someone rerouted your dream vacation just because he was at odds with the place you wanted to stay. That is not his decision to make.
As I referenced earlier here, it happens all too often with booking sites and the guests don't know until they arrive. Really not much you can do about it at the time.

But again, we will never know the real story here. Hehe, if we did - then we might not agree as business gets complicated at times.

Wow. 130+ posts later, I'm still amazed that I find this interesting reading. Only one prior trip to Roatan and one coming up in June to CCV, so I am absolutely a newbie compared to most. However, many "regulars" have been extremely helpful in getting our group ready for this trip. Thank you all!! With all the demands for the truth, my very unimportant thoughts are that this puppy is headed to litigation and, as a former lawyer...and former banker (forgive me), I would tell both sides to "lawyer-up" and never post anything on this board. Writing your thoughts while in a dispute can only lead to those thoughts being used against you. Sorry, truth seekers, but I can't imagine either side providing the truth on this public forum. Investigating money transfers for truth to be told on this board....whoa Nellie. I'd be blocking that in a heartbeat representing either side. Real people were hurt here and real people care deeply about this and I don't want to minimize that. My last thoughts, this won't hurt tourism a bit because one has many choices to enjoy the Island. Want to work with Rich again, so be it. Want to stay at FI again, so be it. All personal choices and none are bad. I've learned to like divers so much more than lawyers or bankers, hope all in this fracas come out OK and move on.

Rob

This is where I come into disagreement. A true professional walks away cleanly. He doesn't take hostages on his way out the door no matter how unhappy he is with the situation. And to hold the vacations of all these people hostage without their knowledge or approval was totally unprofessional. Ultimately, the ability of a person to act in a professional manner even in the worst of situations is clearly a measure of his character. And, I’m just not seeing it here.

I think you misunderstand me, I'm not defending Rich. I'm not condeming him. I have no idea what actually happened, other than something ugly went down.

Well, since I started this thread I guess I should post this email I just got from FIBR

Dear customers of Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive & Marina

Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive & Marina, informs you that we have terminated the relationship with the company TIME2DIVE / FANTASY DIVE TRAVEL /HENRY RICH due to inconsistencies and breach of contract payment policies of the reservations generated by this company.

Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive & Marina notified TIME2DIVE / FANTASY DIVE TRAVEL /HENRY RICH in writing the decision to cancel the contract, and not vice versa, as has been published by this company through emails and websites, damaging the prestige and reliability of our operations. TIME2DIVE / FANTASY DIVE TRAVEL /HENRY RICH was repeatedly assured that FIBR would honor the reservations made by his office if he proceed with payment or we would release all bookings and have rooms available for sale.

Having no positive response from this company or any deposit to cover the amount of the bookings, we felt the need to contact customers directly and inform them of the status of their reservations as "not confirmed", to avoid trouble and unexpected charges on their arrival at the hotel.

Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive & Marina is a hotel with a long history of hospitality and service, where we take our operations with responsibility and seriousness and we do not wish to be associated to TIME2DIVE / FANTASY DIVE TRAVEL /HENRY RICH for being a company that does not meet its commitments.

We want to show our best disposition to find alternative solutions for this issue to all customers who are being affected by this situation, and let them know we are available to help them with any questions or clarifications.

On the other hand, Fantasy Island Vacation/FITS with Nick Palandra as his GM, continues his commercial relation with the hotel and is also available to assist in any way possible.

Contact: 800 676 2826. nick@fantasyislandvacations.com www.fantasyislandvacations.com

Thank you for your understanding, trust and support to this unpleasant situation,

Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive & Marina
Islas de la Bahía, Roatan, Honduras

It sure took a long time for them to put this together.

It sure took a long time for them to put this together.

Less than ten business days for a relatively big issue in a third world country for something that likely included dealing with various investors as well as different legal folks , is that really that long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom