Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look Back and READ, I never said Rich started the thread, I said it was HIS Email that started this thread, Fantasy Island did not pipe in until the possibly slanderous posts took place. One thing about Honduras, Weird as it may seem, They do have their issues with crime, government and such but I would NEVER EVER want to be involved in a Honduran Slander Lawsuit as that is taken much more serious in Honduras than anywhere i have eve known , If someone said they paid and didn't or verse visa then that could make or break an operation should they take the time to go through the legal chanels

I think you need to read what I said. I can pick any sort of article or text from anywhere and start a thread and the original author would have no control over it. Rich's email press release says that he has been made aware of an issue with FI so i'm not sure how that's slanderous. If FI did sent an email first, which I know for a fact they DID, then Rich's email isn't slander.

If I would have posted the FI email I recieved first, then it would have been FI's email that started the thread. It doesn't matter whos email started the thread when neither party had control over it. You're making it sound like Rich or FI had any control on the start of this thread.

FI said Rich didn't pay in an email, then Rich said he did in a second email. How is that so confusing? Seems like more people are just concerned with beating a dead horse than finding out the truth. We will never know what really happened unless new information comes to light.

How many times do I have to say that FI SENT OUT THE FIRST EMAIL. Rich sent an email AFTER FI did.

I recieved an email from FI demanding payment, I got an email from Rich a day later.

Post the emails. They will go a long way in all this instead of all this he said, she said stuff.

Post the emails, what's the big deal?

If FI did sent an email first, which I know for a fact they DID, then Rich's email isn't slander.

Actually, Slander has nothing to do with who posted first, It has to do with who has made a malicious, false, and or defamatory statement or report causing issues for others. Not sure just what point your attempting to make here because once again, THIS Thread started with someone posting about the Email RICH Sent out

Ummm.... that would be called "libel".

Check Honduran legal references for responsibilities and duties in regards to "agency".

How about a new thread direction?

How is it that FI Resort e-mailed people with bad news in advance (or at all)?
The Resort must have had some advance
information from Time2Dive on guest specifics
provided well in advance of the arrival date.

It puzzles me. I don't know what it means, but the Resort
had to know... something.

Kick that around.

I think you need to read what I said. I can pick any sort of article or text from anywhere and start a thread and the original author would have no control over it. Rich's email press release says that he has been made aware of an issue with FI so i'm not sure how that's slanderous. If FI did sent an email first, which I know for a fact they DID, then Rich's email isn't slander.

If I would have posted the FI email I recieved first, then it would have been FI's email that started the thread. It doesn't matter whos email started the thread when neither party had control over it. You're making it sound like Rich or FI had any control on the start of this thread.

FI said Rich didn't pay in an email, then Rich said he did in a second email. How is that so confusing? Seems like more people are just concerned with beating a dead horse than finding out the truth. We will never know what really happened unless new information comes to light.

When I mention emails Rich sent out I am talking about the one he sent me to my home address which is kind of wierd as I have never been a client of, his although I have had the pleasure to vacation and dive at FI for two weeks.

I started this thread because I got an email from Rich, because I'm on his email list, and was interested on trying to find out what was going on. That's it. No one else had any motives in the START OF THIS THREAD. It was just MY curiosity.

After 125 posts, there still does not seem to be any clear cut reason why Rich sent this email to me.

I'm also on FI's email list and I have not gotten anything from them regarding how I could book a future trip. That seems to be disturbing. Is the new management team oblivious to this problem. I would think that they would have nipped this before it ever started. Not really good for future bookings.

With all the good things I have read about the new owners doing the things they are doing to make FI better, this is the worst thing they could have asked for and they haven't tried to make there point here to us. So....

I don't think I will be at FI in the near future.

Last edited:

Mike there is no beating a dead horse here.

There are people who are truly concerned about this thread myself included. I am traveling to Roatan on May 14th and have not booked the resort yet. I initially planned on staying at FI but this thread made me reconsider that plan due to what what was initially stated. "FI not honoring reservations". I would not want to be in a situation where I paid money to a booking agent and then the resort not honor that reservation. What "I" believe happened is your reservation agent took the money and "never" paid FI and then changed the reservation to another resort that he has a new contract with. I prefer to stay and the resort that "I" decide on not what the booking agent decides on.

You are defending his company and bashing FI without any real evidence he is the "hero" and that is why everyone is questing what really happened. If you truly believe he paid for your reservation out of his own pocket then great for you but people who realize this will never happen have made their own conclusions.

This thread has been very informative to me. I initially was very concerned about booking my trip with FI but "I" believe now that Rich's company is truly the one who screwed over the guests. I could be wrong but based on the facts as they are in this thread that is the only thing that adds up. HE DID NOT PAY FOR YOUR STAY OUT OF HIS POCKET!!!!:no:

You should be happy FI sent you an email to let you know they have not been paid by the booking agent and if you don't settle your bill you will not be allowed to stay for free. From following this thread I am in a minority on this but I don't believe you get ANYTHING for free. Free doesn't mean you didn't pay but it means the end company didn't get paid. Face the facts Rich didn't pay FI. He didn't pay FI and they kept the money and then he paid for your stay at MH out of his pocket. No company should have to honor anything if they are not compensated. That is not the consensus but no one should expect something for free. You should go after the person you paid. Demand to see the money trail!!! If it turns out Rich did pay FI then I want to know because I would NEVER stay there again.

This thread is beyond ridiculous now but everyone should have come to their own conclusions and as you read this I have come to mine.

This thread wasn't started by the two parties have the most to lose but Rich's company did send a blanket email to ALL previous guest at FI trying to manipulate their opinion of FI. As I said in the initial paragraph you should feel good about FI emailing you that they have not been paid by your reservation agent so you need to rectify that situation. Either demand to see the money trail from your booking agent or pay what you owe!

Rod

Ummm.... that would be called "libel".

Check Honduran legal references for responsibilities and duties in regards to "agency".

Quite correct, Sorry for any confusion, Slander is when something is heard/said and Libel, As here would be a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report as written

Mike there is no beating a dead horse here.

There are people who are truly concerned about this thread myself included. I am traveling to Roatan on May 14th and have not booked the resort yet. I initially planned on staying at FI but this thread made me reconsider that plan due to what what was initially stated. "FI not honoring reservations". I would not want to be in a situation where I paid money to a booking agent and then the resort not honor that reservation. What "I" believe happened is your reservation agent took the money and "never" paid FI and then changed the reservation to another resort that he has a new contract with. I prefer to stay and the resort that "I" decide on not what the booking agent decides on.

You are defending his company and bashing FI without any real evidence he is the "hero" and that is why everyone is questing what really happened. If you truly believe he paid for your reservation out of his own pocket then great for you but people who realize this will never happen have made their own conclusions.

This thread has been very informative to me. I initially was very concerned about booking my trip with FI but "I" believe now that Rich's company is truly the one who screwed over the guests. I could be wrong but based on the facts as they are in this thread that is the only thing that adds up. HE DID NOT PAY FOR YOUR STAY OUT OF HIS POCKET!!!!:no:

You should be happy FI sent you an email to let you know they have not been paid by the booking agent and if you don't settle your bill you will not be allowed to stay for free. From following this thread I am in a minority on this but I don't believe you get ANYTHING for free. Free doesn't mean you didn't pay but it means the end company didn't get paid. Face the facts Rich didn't pay FI. He didn't pay FI and they kept the money and then he paid for your stay at MH out of his pocket. No company should have to honor anything if they are not compensated. That is not the consensus but no one should expect something for free. You should go after the person you paid. Demand to see the money trail!!! If it turns out Rich did pay FI then I want to know because I would NEVER stay there again.

This thread is beyond ridiculous now but everyone should have come to their own conclusions and as you read this I have come to mine.

This thread wasn't started by the two parties have the most to lose but Rich's company did send a blanket email to ALL previous guest at FI trying to manipulate their opinion of FI. As I said in the initial paragraph you should feel good about FI emailing you that they have not been paid by your reservation agent so you need to rectify that situation. Either demand to see the money trail from your booking agent or pay what you owe!

Rod

Right on the money IMHO touche

Now let's see ... if I wanted to steal customers away from an old alliance :voodoo: and move them to a new alliance just how would I go about it ...?

Hmm...

...maybe withholding deposits and causing reservations to crash ... yeah, that could work. And then I could claim it was the other guys just behaving badly ... and then I could rush in to save the day and come out smelling like a rose...

...it could actually work !!! ... and nobody will ever catch on !!!

let's hope not anyway or else it will lead to :angrymob:

(Note: this is just fictional commentary and any similarity to actual events which may or may not have occurred is purely coincidental)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom