Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you who insist on continuing to imagine every possible scenario are only hurting tourism for the island of Roatan and business for the parties involved.

ScubaBoard represents an incredibly small fraction of the diving community. Likely less than 1% if that if you're talking about regular folks who actually contribute. The impact to the tourism on the island from the chatter on this thread can't even be measured. They may be doing damage to each other by doing things like sending out a mass e-mail like Rich has done to folks who have never even done business with him but this thread will have no impact on the island.

I think the thread is good because folks can read and judge for themselves if they ever want to do business with either of the parties in the future.

Best way to avoid confusion cut out the middle man, by the way pretty sad when Rich's company decides to circulate an email discrediting FIDR, I guess he's the judge and jury. Nothing of what he or his company has stated makes sense to me, other than the money seems to have made it to him. In addition because he such a great guy he decided to book his clients that had already made reservations through him to FIDR with another resort come on 1 + 0 does not make 2. No matter what the dispute he should have honored the agreement he made with his clients, I for one will avoid booking with him and his company in the future, and for what its worth add his email to my junk folder.

Money does not grow on trees, how can you expect FIDR after investing 1,000's of dollars to improve their resort to let 50 or 100 people stay at their resort for free, not good business sense, I say look at who you gave your money to, when he accepted your money he took on a responsibility (similiar to how you feel Cajun Diva) and the buck stops there.

One more thing to add a brilliant marketing strategy on Rich's part IMHO.

Let me think a moment who gets hurt the most by this scenario first brought to our attention via email by Rich? Here's my scenario Rich as you are such a caring guy take the money you clients have entrusted to you, demand a sit down meeting with the powers to be at FIDR hammer out an agreement to accommodate your clients and after dissolve you agreement. By doing this both parties should not suffer from bad customer relations and publicity but more importantly clients like Cajun diva would have been able to enjoy their planned 70th birthday party at the resort they so dearly loved.

This is not rocket science? or is it maybe a hidden motive?

Last edited:
Let me think a moment who gets hurt the most by this scenario first brought to our attention via email by Rich? Here's my scenario Rich as you are such a caring guy take the money you clients have entrusted to you, demand a sit down meeting with the powers to be at FIDR hammer out an agreement to accommodate your clients and after dissolve you agreement. By doing this both parties should not suffer from bad customer relations and publicity but more importantly clients like Cajun diva would have been able to enjoy their planned 70th birthday party at the resort they so dearly loved.

This is not rocket science? or is it maybe a hidden motive?

You must not have conducted business with someone who was unruly before. You can demand things all you want, it doesn't mean the other party with comply or even listen to your demands. If the resort didn't want to talk, they wern't going to listen. How many times do I have to say that FI SENT OUT THE FIRST EMAIL. Rich sent an email AFTER FI did.

His emails were a reaction to the ones that FI sent. SO HOW IS THIS PART OF HIS MARKETING STRATEGY? If we're going to debate what went on, fine but lets have our facts straight. I recieved an email from FI demanding payment, I got an email from Rich a day later. When I called him, he said that he was notified by another customer that FI did this, and he sent an email to notify anyone that could possibly be effected by this.

Who knows what Rich or FI did with correspondance between them before FI sent out the first email. It could be a million different things, but let's get one thing clear, FI started the emailing not Rich.

Who knows what Rich or FI did with correspondance between them before FI sent out the first email. It could be a million different things, but let's get one thing clear, FI started the emailing not Rich.
Yet the first emails to make HERE to the forum are those from Rich and we still have one saying they were paid and another saying they were not while both post here saying this is not the place so go figure. And while Media Luna may be a fine place to stay while visiting Roatan, There is very little chance it can compare when figuring dollars per dive, add to that that the few being relocated now may be the only ones as Media Lunas prices are much higher and then even if the relocated people enjoy it they are likely looking at two or more times the cost should they decide to visit again.

Yet the first emails to make HERE to the forum are those from Rich and we still have one saying they were paid and another saying they were not while both post here saying this is not the place so go figure.

I'm not sure what you're getting at but, Neither FI or Rich started this thread. It was a user not affiliated with either side.( as far as I know). Who knows what exactly went on, all I know is one of them honored my payement and the other told me to pay again. I could care less if Rich kept the money, or if FI is trying to make people pay twice.

All I really care about is that i'm still going on vacation. Rich offered a refund, but that didn't do me any good. I couldn't refund the airfare. After all this, regardless of whos at fault, I'm not left with airline tickets and no where to go. That is all that matters to me.

Excerpting from http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bay-islands/379333-fantasy-island-trip-report-april-11-18-a.html
Sidebar

On the second day of our vacation we received an e-mail from the resort stating the booking agent we reserved with was trying to move our reservation due to payment issues. The next day I spoke with the assistant General Manager who asked if I could call the booking agent Time 2 Dive stating that they have not received any payment for our vacation. We were never asked for money and the response from Time 2 Dive was only that payment was forwarded. Either way aside from this small blip our vacation was perfect from the weather , accommodation, dining ,service and of course the spectacular diving. I will return in the future

I'm not sure what you're getting at but, Neither FI or Rich started this thread. .

Look Back and READ, I never said Rich started the thread, I said it was HIS Email that started this thread, Fantasy Island did not pipe in until the possibly slanderous posts took place. One thing about Honduras, Weird as it may seem, They do have their issues with crime, government and such but I would NEVER EVER want to be involved in a Honduran Slander Lawsuit as that is taken much more serious in Honduras than anywhere i have eve known , If someone said they paid and didn't or verse visa then that could make or break an operation should they take the time to go through the legal chanels

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom