Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you wholeheartedly on the issue of trust. But the issue that remains that just because the bookings were paid to the agent in full doesn't mean that they were paid to the operator in full and that is an issue we will clearly never have the truth over. (...or if they were paid in full but were sold by the middleman well below the operator's agreed minimum price or whatever the case may be.)

Depending on how much the operator is (potentially) being shorted however, when you multiply that number by how many people go through this resort in a period of several months, you may easily be talking upwards of half a million dollars. That's not something too many operators can just suck up in the name of trust or wait years for a resolution in court. Employees have to be paid and in a timely manner or else you are going to have a lot of very hungry and unhappy guests when the rooms aren't clean, the foods not on the table, and the boat doesn't leave the dock. And that will put a company out of business far faster issues of trust.

CD: While this has been a rather upleasant experience, would you rather have had it occur up front while you still had time to remedy it or after you arrived where you're stuck. At this point, it appears that TI is dealing with a bad situation rather poorly but still in a better manner than the latter option. Simply eating the cost of what could amout to hundreds of bookings is not likely an option that will allow them to stay in business.

If even that was the case, as an operator of a major resort you wouldn't take that hit to not lose out on business all-together? I mean they not only lost my business and anyone I would have recommend but they lost out on people that have been visiting 3-4 times a year for several years. Why wouldn't you want to keep those people happy and then go after the agent afterwards? The potential long term losses over this could be staggering. I totally agree with others saying that this was a dispute between Rich and FI. We should not have been in the middle of this, let alone put in the middle of it a week before our trip. I work in a customer service business and the last thing you ever do is burn your customers because that'll be the end of it.

and I feel like I have to side with and defend Rich. In all of this Rich has been the only one who seems to care about what happens to us and putting away all the other drama going on, I feel like that's all that matters, that when I arrive to Roatan I have a place to sleep at night and I'm not hopping on the first flight back to Philly.

CD: While this has been a rather upleasant experience, would you rather have had it occur up front while you still had time to remedy it or after you arrived where you're stuck. At this point, it appears that TI is dealing with a bad situation rather poorly but still in a better manner than the latter option. Simply eating the cost of what could amout to hundreds of bookings is not likely an option that will allow them to stay in business.

Yes, I was given notice and had a week and a half to get my affairs arranged. I am grateful to the manager of the resort for having the courtesy to call me and tell me the terrible news personally. In retrospect, I suppose I was extended a courtesy that most did not enjoy.

As I have stated repeatedly, I feel for both sides and absolutely refuse to comment about a dispute between two businesses. My intention is to do no harm to either party. My commentary is based upon the perspective of one who was absolutely caught in the middle, and from that perspective my entire family and my great friends needed to be taken care of.

While it may not seem to you that honoring the bookings would allow them to stay in business, you fail to consider the thing that concerns me the most - the long term effects of that decision. I truly wish them nothing but the best.

It is kind of interesting how quickly the relationship between the two parties soured.

The pace of life in the Bay Islands is accelerating quickly, keeping apace with recent physical development.

It is the unfortunate and likely outcome of almost any such arrangement. Try doing it yourself or just listen with care to the stories... you'll likely soon agree or be blinded by love and plunge in where angels fear to tread.

Cripes. Not only do they have a 4 seat Doppelmayer Ski Chair-Lift, but they also have a theoretically permanent Ferris Wheel.

Like most such inter-latitudinal agreements, things made of steel will succumb to the salt air.

Hell, plastic corrodes in Roatan. Good luck enforcing a contract.

Yes, I was given notice and had a week and a half to get my affairs arranged. I am grateful to the manager of the resort for having the courtesy to call me and tell me the terrible news personally. In retrospect, I suppose I was extended a courtesy that most did not enjoy.

As I have stated repeatedly, I feel for both sides and absolutely refuse to comment about a dispute between two businesses. My intention is to do no harm to either party. My commentary is based upon the perspective of one who was absolutely caught in the middle, and from that perspective my entire family and my great friends needed to be taken care of.

While it may not seem to you that honoring the bookings would allow them to stay in business, you fail to consider the thing that concerns me the most - the long term effects of that decision. I truly wish them nothing but the best.

We have seen the press release from Rich, but nobody has posted anything from Fantasy Island. What did they say the reasons were for all this in their contacts with guests with bookings through Rich?

Loved our 2 weeks in December 2010 @ FIDR. Lots of the guests at this time had MAJOR issues with Rich Henry. Please contact me with new rates. We travel to Roatan twice a year and have been trying to book at FI for several weeks now. RH has suggested other resorts HM..Let us Help You. This is the best dive resort we have ever been to for diving. My husband is a Padi Instructor so he has alot of good stuff to say about FIDR...rich henry has issues.

Nice first post! Where did you come from?

Are you really a diver or did you jump in just to obscure this issue? I was there in Dec and saw nothing like what you describe. What week were you there?

Loved our 2 weeks in December 2010 @ FIDR. Lots of the guests at this time had MAJOR issues with Rich Henry. Please contact me with new rates. We travel to Roatan twice a year and have been trying to book at FI for several weeks now. RH has suggested other resorts HM..Let us Help You. This is the best dive resort we have ever been to for diving. My husband is a Padi Instructor so he has alot of good stuff to say about FIDR...rich henry has issues.

What exactly does he have issues with? He seems that he was the ONLY person that cared about my vacation. And with your whopping one post count, I certainly hope you aren't Fantasy Island Resort trying to smear him. The only people I have issues with are the ones that didn't care about my vacation.

This seems really suspicious that someone with one post shows up to say something negative about another member. Also at the same time, completely talk up Fantasy Island. If you are Fantasy Island (that's pretty obvious), you should be VERY VERY ashamed of yourself. :no::no::no:

Do you think this makes you look better? You have a LOOONG way to go in the public relations department. This post just further cements my decision to NEVER book with Fantasy Island again.

Question: Did anyone book with other than credit card payments? For those who used credit cards, have you requested refunds? Just wondering if anyone has or needs to...? :confused:

We have seen the press release from Rich, but nobody has posted anything from Fantasy Island. What did they say the reasons were for all this in their contacts with guests with bookings through Rich?
You missed it? She claims to be Sales Manager at Fantasy Island Beach Resort on profile.
Dear customers of Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive & Marina

Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive & Marina, informs you that we have terminated the relationship with the company TIME2DIVE / FANTASY DIVE TRAVEL /HENRY RICH due to inconsistencies and breach of contract payment policies of the reservations generated by this company.

Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive & Marina notified TIME2DIVE / FANTASY DIVE TRAVEL /HENRY RICH in writing the decision to cancel the contract, and not vice versa, as has been published by this company through emails and websites, damaging the prestige and reliability of our operations. TIME2DIVE / FANTASY DIVE TRAVEL /HENRY RICH was repeatedly assured that FIBR would honor the reservations made by his office if he proceed with payment or we would release all bookings and have rooms available for sale.

Having no positive response from this company or any deposit to cover the amount of the bookings, we felt the need to contact customers directly and inform them of the status of their reservations as "not confirmed", to avoid trouble and unexpected charges on their arrival at the hotel.

Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive & Marina is a hotel with a long history of hospitality and service, where we take our operations with responsibility and seriousness and we do not wish to be associated to TIME2DIVE / FANTASY DIVE TRAVEL /HENRY RICH for being a company that does not meet its commitments.

We want to show our best disposition to find alternative solutions for this issue to all customers who are being affected by this situation, and let them know we are available to help them with any questions or clarifications.

Thank you for your understanding, trust and support to this unpleasant situation,

Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive & Marina
Islas de la Bahía, Roatan, Honduras
and
Well the press release could say the sky is red, and it doesn’t mean it is. It's TIME2DIVE telling the story they want the public to know. Fantasy Island Beach Resort has NO PAYMENT for the bookings made by TIME2DIVE... That’s how TIME2DIVE can send the customers to other properties. They cannot force the resort to honor bookings they have not paid for.

There are 2 things to consider prior to make any judgment:
1) If TIMETODIVE really had paid the bookings they requested to Fantasy Island, the hotel wouldn’t have any reason to dismiss the bookings nor cancel the contract. And this is not accurate either; The hotel is not rejecting the bookings, is just requesting the payment. The hotel is happy selling rooms. The hotel has availability for those bookings. The hotel contacted the customers and informed them about the situation, urging them to contact their agency to please verify the payment status of their reservation, in advance, to avoid any awkward or inconvenient situations at the moment of their check in. It was the Hotel who resigned the relationship with TIMETODIVE, not the other way.

2) The hotel is concerned about its customers. It has gone through major renovations lately (rooms, common areas, new equipment, more boats, furniture, etc) to live up to the expectations of the clients staying at the property, and to provide them with the facilities they deserve to enjoy a good diving vacation. That is a lot of hard work and a lot of money invested, so again it doesn’t make any sense to simply throw away all that hard work by not honoring bookings, breaking promises and disappointing people who has chosen and have faith in Fantasy Island for their next vacation. Why would any business do anything like that?

Fantasy Island is not rejecting customers, nor not honoring bookings that were paid for (that's pretty illogic). It's was just requesting the proper payment for each booking, as any company does.

Unfortunately the hotel cannot receive all those bookings for free because an independent vendor/associate/provider is breaking their promises (not honoring contracts). Let’s think that the hotel could afford to give away the accommodation to “some” customers, but how many? There were several reservations of big groups booked for 7, 14 nights (not only with first payments, some almost fully paid to TIME2DIVE)… that is a lot of money. The hotel is in contact with the customers affected trying to help every customer in this situation evaluating each and looking for the best way to affect the guest the little possible.

I agree with you (Rich/DMI) in one thing: a public forum is not the place to say some things, but TIME2DIVE continues circulate this “TIME2DIVE version” of the story, creating confusion and bad publicity to Fantasy Island. So it’s fair to let the people know the other version of the story.

As for CajunDiva, I’m very sorry that you and your family are under this situation. It’s unbelievable that you, working hand to hand with Rich are going through this situation. In fact, you paid your stay at Fantasy Island to TIME2DIVE, the only fair thing to do is find you accommodation in Media Luna, because Fantasy Island never received the payment. TIME2DIVE did. No property would accept a booking that is not being paid for.

Things as they are, people are going to believe several different things, and time and work will put everything and everyone back into place again.

Fantasy Island will continue to work hard to improve facilities, services, promotions and to regain the trust of those clients that have had unpleasant experiences in the past and also to satisfy all clients who want to have a good diving vacation at Fantasy Island.

Patricia
Suspicion about your post is normal here since it is your first.

Edit: Administration has already checked the IP of your post at my request and reported: "I'm guessing that you think the IP should be from Honduras? It's not." I suppose you found this thread searching the internet...?

If you really want to book a return trip now, try the resort itself at Fantasy Island Resort - Bienvenidos but I do not know how safe that is? Most of the old sites for Fantasy Island do not work anymore but this one still goes to Ft.Worth so probly not good so I will disable it: [url=http://www.fantasyislandvacations.com/]Fantasy Island Resort - Roatan Bay Islands Honduras Beach and Dive Vacations - Home[/url]

Last edited:
Most of the old sites for Fantasy Island do not work anymore but this one still goes to Ft.Worth so probly not good so I will disable it: [url=http://www.fantasyislandvacations.com/]Fantasy Island Resort - Roatan Bay Islands Honduras Beach and Dive Vacations - Home[/url]

It shows a 2011 copyright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom