Fantasy Island Roatan Accident March 09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:popcorn:

Disclaimer: I AM A CCV FAN!
It's certainly true that I may have some misunderstandings as the facts were well hidden. Thanks

The people who do have all the facts are at CCV and I wish they would still make good on their promises for full disclosure. Not likely to happen of course, but I apologize for my mistakes.

Last edited:
JTemple
If one hasn't been to both resorts, one can't argue their merits with any level of authority. If one tries, others will recognize the argument as mere bubbling.

Thank you JTemple as a fan of Fantasy Island I tire of the CoCo View nay-sayers as I am sure you so do of the Fantasy Island nay-sayers...... Truer words were never spoken

It's certainly true that I may have some misunderstandings as the facts were well hidden. Thanks

The people who do have all the facts are at CCV and I wish they would still make good on their promises for full disclosure. Not likely to happen of course, but I apologize for my mistakes.

I was very happy with my original post. Promised myself I wasn't going to let you bait me in with more of your bubbling and trolling. But when I saw you came back to edit this post nearly 4 hours later (!) to add that 2nd paragraph, just because no one was interested enough to reply to the first paragraph, and just because you forgot to grab those reins one more time and add a few more toxic bubbles to the pool, well, you got me.

How may times do you have to be told, how many different people have to tell you, that despite the resort staff's original good intentions to keep its extended family informed as to what had happened, to uphold a "promise" that was made within only a couple of hours of a member of their family and a valued guest perishing, while under the most intense level of shock and pain after watching these 2 men have their chests pounded on in unsuccessful resuscitation efforts, that they were quickly advised to shut down all communications.

If you look back at all the times you have blown these bubbles before, you will see there have been a handful of different people who have told you this. The resort has not been allowed, nor will they ever be allowed, to respond. You'll have to bubble on without them.

Will this last time be enough for you to stop asking for something you are not going to get (but seem to be confident you know all about anyway?), for you to stop rehashing the fact that something you expected to happen didn't, couldn't, can't, or won't?

Drop it already.

As I said, the persistent bubbling on the subject is annoying. And all it does is force everyone to relive a horrific moment, and let all of those disturbing images and memories come flooding back. And then nausea follows. From the memories, and because of your toxic bubbles polluting the air.

Give it up.

What the lady means to say, Don, is that it's in the hands of lawyers now; if you want results, talk to them. A question directed at anyone else is just a troll.
><>
I was very happy with my original post. Promised myself I wasn't going to let you bait me in with more of your bubbling and trolling. But when I saw you came back to edit this post nearly 4 hours later (!) to add that 2nd paragraph, just because no one was interested enough to reply to the first paragraph, and just because you forgot to grab those reins one more time and add a few more toxic bubbles to the pool, well, you got me.

How may times do you have to be told, how many different people have to tell you, that despite the resort staff's original good intentions to keep its extended family informed as to what had happened, to uphold a "promise" that was made within only a couple of hours of a member of their family and a valued guest perishing, while under the most intense level of shock and pain after watching these 2 men have their chests pounded on in unsuccessful resuscitation efforts, that they were quickly advised to shut down all communications.

If you look back at all the times you have blown these bubbles before, you will see there have been a handful of different people who have told you this. The resort has not been allowed, nor will they ever be allowed, to respond. You'll have to bubble on without them.

Will this last time be enough for you to stop asking for something you are not going to get (but seem to be confident you know all about anyway?), for you to stop rehashing the fact that something you expected to happen didn't, couldn't, can't, or won't?

Drop it already.

As I said, the persistent bubbling on the subject is annoying. And all it does is force everyone to relive a horrific moment, and let all of those disturbing images and memories come flooding back. And then nausea follows. From the memories, and because of your toxic bubbles polluting the air.

Give it up.

IX&#920;Y&#931;;4657980:
What the lady means to say, Don, is that it's in the hands of lawyers now; if you want results, talk to them. A question directed at anyone else is just a troll.
><>
Oh, I know what the lady means. I think the lawyers settled some time ago, but sorry I drifted so far off original topic here. TY

I think the lawyers settled some time ago

If as you say, you suspect that the lawyers settled some time ago, then you also know that they are MOST SUPER EXTREMELY VERY likely not permitted to discuss the terms of settlement. So why do you persist in trying to drag this out? Now I'm curious. Do you have a bone to pick with them? Why not drop this and leave it alone?

- ok -

If as you say, you suspect that the lawyers settled some time ago, then you also know that they are MOST SUPER EXTREMELY VERY likely not permitted to discuss the terms of settlement. So why do you persist in trying to drag this out? Now I'm curious. Do you have a bone to pick with them? Why not drop this and leave it alone?

The question isn't what the terms of the settlement are. The question is what mistakes the resort, including any of their staff or suppliers, made and how have they changed things to try to avoid them in the future. The families of the deceased may have agreed not to say anything, but the resort can still talk about it's own mistakes, if any. Lawyers' recommendations to not admit any blame are to protect their clients from immediate legal and financial costs. However, it should not be surprising nor unacceptable for customers or potential customers to ask if a company did something particularly dangerous, or out of line with community or industry standards of risk, and what they've done to fix it, if anything.

Now maybe the resort didn't do anything wrong, but right now, the belief is out there regarding this particular incident. Not dealing with the issues and hoping it'll blow away runs counter to the greater transparency and responsibility that society is increasingly (slowly) demanding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom