Faber Valve service kits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainsey

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just doing a clean and service on my 12litre Faber tank valves. There are basically only 3 (4 if you count the seat) replaceable parts being the 9mm O'ring, the 16mm brass washer and the burst disk.

Have done a search and found nothing, any one know if you can purchase a kit with all the bits and peices for these valves?

Cheers

Rainsey

Faber makes valves?

Look closely on the valve for a manufacturer. Or post a picture and we'll figure it out.

Here are parts for the most common valves.

I am sure they do not, but guts of it look very much like a Thermo. The knob is not angled at all but is square with the body of the valve.

Will take a photo and put up.

Cheers

Rainsey

Faber makes valves?

Look closely on the valve for a manufacturer. Or post a picture and we'll figure it out.

Here are parts for the most common valves.

Sorry Dannobee, did not finish my response.

Every Faber tank I have has the same valve and it has engraved in it "Made in Italy". I am sure this is a purphy as I would hazard a guess that most vlaves probably come out of an China or the likes.

Cheers

Rainsey

Okydokey.

Faber use Sanosub valves, specifically code number 10306. These I have deduced from a earlier Scubaboard post are also the manufacturers of Blue Steel valves.

So far so good ... so where the photon do i get repair kits for these then???

Cheers

Rainsey

SoS has been making dive gear in Italy for decades.
The code number you quote really to the diver serviceer means not much at all.
The only kit you are ever likely to require is the tank O ring and the little one inside.
From the O ring shop.
The burst disc kit comes from the dive shop but if it is not corroded is also reusable?
Unless you use six million Newtons on the knob.
Or if you crush the clear nylon washer under the burst disc out of existence and strip the threads.

What happened to your white nylon teflony thing inside the bonnet nut.

What happened to your white nylon teflony thing inside the bonnet nut.

Hi, Nothing has happened to it, but the hole is a bit grotty and rough. My thought, if it looks this way why not replace it.

Cheers

Rainsey

Okydokey.

Faber use Sanosub valves, specifically code number 10306. These I have deduced from a earlier Scubaboard post are also the manufacturers of Blue Steel valves.

So far so good ... so where the photon do i get repair kits for these then???

Cheers

Rainsey

Quite correct. Faber has an agreement with Sanosub for valves - ALL faber tanks supplied with valves ex Italy will be fitted with SanoSub valves.

As suggested here, I do believe these valves are sold in the USA under the Blue Steel brand, it shouldnt be an issue getting spares.

I do believe these valves are sold in the USA under the Blue Steel brand, it shouldnt be an issue getting spares.

Correct. They are sold in the USA "branded" as Blue Steel valves. Blue Steel is the tank distributor for Faber in the US.

Nothing wrong with the Blue Steel valves (I own 2), but the Thermo's and XS Scuba's seem a little better to me. If I'd had a choice at purchase time, I would have gladly paid a few bucks more for a XS Scuba or Thermo valve.

You can buy Blue Steel parts easily.

Here is one full stocking dealer on Blue Steel valve parts Blue Steel Valve Parts @ DiveSports.com

Back
Top Bottom