Conshelf SE3 service kit Question w/images

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am surprised you said this as your knowledge is usually correct on these things, however the big difference between the SE3 and SE2 was a modified second stage case design with a change in diaphragm design as well. The SEA had two hp ports but the SE3 and SE2 only had one. Both also had four LP ports.
Oops!

According to the 2001 Aqualung Parts Catalog the SE3 and Conshelf 22 may have a removable crown. I have a 22 with one. The SEA / Cousteau had one as well.
You're absolutely right! I was going off a SB member's spreadsheet that detailed all the Conshelf changes over the years, and I took my comments from that.
But like you, I found a 2004 spare parts catalog that showed this:
Screenshot_20230215-034917_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

That part #21 is body #100301. As you can see, it indeed has a removable orifice! I don't know how many HP/LP ports, and whether it keeps the 1/2" port of the body adjacent, but there's a removable orifice.
Now if only I knew which model it referred to.
I'll take your word for it from your catalog that it was an SE3, and I stand corrected. I'll change my spreadsheet. Thank you!

To follow up on @happy-diver 's earlier comment, EPDM is a great compromise between the higher ignition point of Viton and the better anti-set properties of nitrile. Many mfrs have gone over to EPDM for their service kits and I love them for softer o-rings.
I just have a real hard time finding Duro 90 around here. Hence my comment about nitrile for the hard 2-006. He may do better down under.

Both the SE2 and the SE3 had one 1/2" port as an upgrade over the 21 and 22 respectively. The SE had all 1/2" LP ports which kind of makes it the red headed step child of the bunch.
Here is a copy of the 2001 catalog.
As a former Navy Diver it was easy to become a Conshelf aficionado.However I do agree with you that it's one downfall is a lack of removable crown/ orifice on most of the models. That is why I tend to recommend the SEA/ Cousteau first stage as it easier to work on with no special tools required.

Attachments

• Spare Parts Catalog 2001.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 77
Frankly, most of us use all aftermarket parts for the Conshelfs these days. The diaphragms are more supple, and those blue HP seats are proven now. Most important, an "original" (i.e., really old) 2-006 HP oring for the balance chamber is likely to be very stiff, and much more likely to crack or leak after insertion. Better to use new nitrile.
So where can one source the blue HP seats?

So where can one source the blue HP seats?
Trident part A244 is sold by a number of resellers

Trident part A244 is sold by a number of resellers
Thank you very much!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom