Faber Steel 80's $149.95 - WOW!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buoyancy (required lead) and weight it comes out right in between an AL80 and a HP 80 from PST or Worthington. Not a bad place to be when you consider the easy fills at 2640 and longer length that some divers prefer. Aside for forfeiting some hydro time the price is sure right.

I wonder what freight to Maine (04002) is?

Pete

Yep, very nice tanks, esp if you're currently using Al.80 for stages. Good swap. Not sure I'd want them as backgas, however (I can say the same for Aluminum, however for similar reasons).

As long as I could pump them to about 3000 to 3200 they might not be that bad. I thought I seen some steel 77's the other day. Is that the same tank? I did the volume on the 77's the other day. At 3000 it came out to 87 cf and at 3500 it was 101 cf.

I got the email today from tdl and am really having a hard time not ordering a couple to make a set of warm water doubles to go along with the set of 72's I have. Or using them as stages later on. Well we'll see. If I hit the number tonite I may be calling Randy or Joel on Monday.

My first of these arrived yesterday and they seem wonderful compared to AL80s. I ordered a second and it should be here next week. My original intention was to make stages out of them, but I would also love a set of warm water doubles, my HP120s and LP108s are pretty heavy for warm water diving. Maybe I will have to order two more...

I just got my tanks and they look great. I just have one quick question though. These tanks and valves are 02 clean for partial pressure Nitrox blending right? I know you said Oxygen ready but the VIP stickers havn't been punched for it either way and nothing came with the tanks saying that they were so I just wanted to be certain before I ask my LDS to fill them. I assume that it hasn't been punched so that you can punch NO if you plan on filling them with non hyperfiltered air, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,
Jess

I dive low pressure steel 80's. There are 4 of them sitting here as singles ... they are great with a 2400 psi working pressure with a plus + rating which gives them a 2640 fill. But I never heard of steels lp's having a positive rating when empty ... my tank brand are Pressed Steels. Sure about the positive rating? Is there a misprint somewhere?

By the way on the 2400/ + rated 2640 lp steels at 3000 psi its about 95 cu ft. If you ever get someone to fill them that high for you!

Bob Vincent:
I dive low pressure steel 80's. There are 4 of them sitting here as singles ... they are great with a 2400 psi working pressure with a plus + rating which gives them a 2640 fill. But I never heard of steels lp's having a positive rating when empty ... my tank brand are Pressed Steels. Sure about the positive rating? Is there a misprint somewhere?
This is a special run designed specifically to have the positive weight. Usually you don't want the extra weight, but sometimes you do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom