Faber Steel 80's $149.95 - WOW!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JS1scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Over the last week or so as the snow has hit the East Coast and the weather has been blowy on the West Coast folks have been e-mailing me asking where all the specials are.

We had done so many specials during December and January we thought we would give you all a rest. Well.............. it's that time again.

So here is the first special of February.

TFX-80LP-PRO-Special

FABER FX 80 LP 2640 psi.[/B]

This is a very special cylinder that was made to replace the aluminum 80. We have found them to be just perfect for stage bottles, rental tanks, rebreather bail-out bottles and they make sweet little doubles too! They can take the beating that an aluminum tank cannot.

This is a working pressure of 2640 psi under the exempt program. It does not have the + rating that other LP tanks have. But it is a true 80 cubic feet at 2640 psi. It's the perfect lightweight tank for divers who do not need the weight of steel but want the benefit of steel.

2640 psi working pressure
7.24" Diameter
24.8" Tank Height
26.9 Pounds with Valve
-3.65 Pounds Full with Valve
+3.5 Pounds Empty with Valve

INCLUDES: SOS DIN/K Pro Nitrox Valve and Boot.
04/05 Manufacture Date - Brand New
Oxygen Ready

MSRP = $367.95 SPECIAL $149.95

We have 40 of these.

ORDER IT HERE

These Ship same day of pre-paid order. No Holds. Shipping additional. Don't want the valve ? Make note in the comments box and we will subtract $10 when we process the order.

Don't miss out on this killer deal on this super tank. Hey where else can you get a steel 80 for $149.95 ?

Thanks for your continued support of Tech Diving Limited !

Regards,

So it's about 3" shorter than an Al.80, and made of steel, but other than that the specs are pretty close to dead on between the two tanks?

well these are also low pressude your al80 is 3000psi and your low pressure steel is 2640psi so if you get a plus rating or are using these for technical reason you can over fill to get a larger volume of air

+3.5 Pounds Empty with Valve. Is this right? This thing is a cork

mirrocraft:
well these are also low pressude your al80 is 3000psi and your low pressure steel is 2640psi so if you get a plus rating or are using these for technical reason you can over fill to get a larger volume of air
From the OP: "It does not have the + rating that other LP tanks have."

That said, true 'nuff about overfills, regardless of rated pressure.

willardj:
An aluminum 80 is +4.4

~Jess

I wonder if these will handle overfills as well as a traditional LP tanks. Looking at the specs looks like they may have a slightly thinner walls than traditional LP tanks, but made with a stronger material. Could be totally wrong about that.

~Jess

CompuDude:
So it's about 3" shorter than an Al.80, and made of steel, but other than that the specs are pretty close to dead on between the two tanks?

A little shorter, a little lighter and more gas.

An alum 80 is not 80 cuft it is only 77.3 cuft at 3000 psi at 70f

This tank is 80 cuft at 2640 psi at 70f

I swapped out my personal single 80s for these last summer and have not looked back.

Cheers
JDS

willardj:

Just like an alum 80 ..... that's what this was made to replace.

Cheers

willardj:

But it weighs a bit less, so less weight walking down the beach or exiting than with an AL80. Me, I'm waiting for a better price on HP80s or HP100s.

Back
Top Bottom