Faber HP 100 - Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gloveboxtech

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone ever dove with or own a faber HP 100 with negative 7 lbs when empty. I am looking for a little feedback and what people think?

Thank you,

I had one of the Faber HP120's, it too had a -7 # when empty. So it was not the same, but close. I didn't like the way the tank made me feel like I was back heavy.
I had to keep from rolling on to my back.
But there are people who dive dry with these tanks and love them.

Jim breslin

I was looking at them when purchasing my tanks. But after looking side by sid comparisons of the various tanks (Size/length/diameter/weight/buyoncy) I went with the worthington XS Scuba X-7 HP 100 for me had the best combination

I have a Faber FX-100, it's about 1lb neg near empty, which is fine. I like the tank pretty much, but would prefer it to have a zinc coating rather than paint.

7lbs negative when empty would be a pain for the type of diving I do.....Warm water wuss diving.

c

My doubles are Faber HP 100s, I like them but prefer the hot dipped galvanized finish that the Worthington's have.

The HP 100's are not that negative to the best of my knowledge. 1 to 2 lb I think. I'll search a link.

I have two Faber HP 100's. That's all I dive with. They are -7.26# negitive when empty. I'm 5'7" and 170# and have no problem with these tanks. The only other tank I've used was an AL80 during my checkout dives.
Steve

I have two Faber HP 100's. That's all I dive with. They are -7.26# negitive when empty. I'm 5'7" and 170# and have no problem with these tanks. The only other tank I've used was an AL80 during my checkout dives.
Steve

Did a search. Seems to be it. But i think that is the buoyancy FULL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom