Extremely BAD News: Dutch Springs likely closing permanently ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-JD-

Eclecticist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dutch Springs aquatic park may become site of warehouses, councilman says

Dutch Springs owner Stu Schooley said he is selling the park because he and his wife want to retire, noting he has been in the business for 41 years.

The park's official closing date has not yet been determined.

Schooley said the park may open next season depending on the timing of the approval process for the warehouses, but does not think that it is likely.

I've seen clips of postings elsewhere (I don't have links just screen shots) indicating that it will be open at least through the NYE dive this year (2021).

:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Belated credit to the NYC Sea Gypsies group for tipping me off to this issue.

Wow... it's been such a fixture in the diving community for so long.

There really isn't any comparable onshore alternative for quite a distance.
It is not unusual to see folks from MD to VT there.

It is going to be a real problem for training.

When/If Juturna Springs in MD gets ramped up and open, it will be possible for PA/NJ and south but a good haul.

What are your options for diving if Dutch closes?

My GF is very unhappy as she likes it there. She wants to start a save Dutch fund.

What are your options for diving if Dutch closes?
Delaware River & the big salty thing on the other side of NJ.

There are some smaller, shallower facilities, but that is not saying much since you have to work really hard to break the century mark at Dutch.

Does she have an extremely rich relative with poor financial impulse control?

She is laughing at this.

Haven't been there in years as I live in FL, but my family and I have definitely had some fun there. Sounds like some interested parties need to come forward and buy the park from the family to keep it as is. I'm sure the area doesn't need more storage buildings, or if they do, they can find another spot where there's not a body of water!

Back
Top Bottom