extended range ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most scuba agencies have a 'technical division' that offer a spectrum of training courses. Typical qualification depth is 50m.

Whilst the names of these courses may vary from agency to agency, they are all pretty simular and comprise the following elements:

Advanced Nitrox
Decompression Procedures
Extended Range

The PADI (DSAT) course is called Tec Deep and is sub-divided into Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses.
The SSI course is called TXR (Technical Xtended Range)
TDI, IANTD, ANDI, BSAC and others all run simular courses.

The presequisites for the PADI DSAT program are:
Prerequisites

You must:

• Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
  • Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
  • Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
  • Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which
    · 20 dives must be enriched air dives
    · 25 dives must be deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
    · at least 20 dives must be deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Have a medical statement signed by your physician

With TDI in 2 weeks of training you can became an extended range diver following 3 courses:
Advanced Nitrox
Decompression Procedures
Extended Range

The requirements are : 18 years old, AOW diver, Nitrox .
At the end of the course you'll be certified to dive to 55m on air using 2 decompression gasses ( air to oxy).
If you are intrested, contact me, I'm based in Dahab and you certanly know there's a lot of cool tek dives here!!

How can I get extended range training?
what are the pre-requisites for that for someone having PADI AOWD and CMAS *** ?
What is the maximum depth that would be allowed after being certified?

Come on Solly! You should have contacted me directly. I run these courses over weekends if you're interested.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom