Exposure suit that fits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CathyI8205

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We are going through our dive stuff in anticipation of a trip to Bahamas. I've tried my exposure suit on. I had trouble getting into it and couldn't zip it at all. I don't think it ever fit me right. I haven't gained weight since I bought it. But I am overweight. I've tried a women's SubaPro XXL. It fit better but I still couldn't zip it. I tried a men's XL. I could zip it but I'm still not sure. I wear a women's 18 in clothing. Is there any suit that would fit a women's 20? I'm 5' 8" and a bit over 180 lbs. (no laughing) I'm in decent shape. How do I find a suit that really fits?

You are very close to the numbers of Bare size 18. Dep0ending on your build it may be a winner.

A custom suit is also a nice option.

You might check out Bare wetsuits. I am short (5'2") and stocky, and thought all wetsuit manufacturers assumed all women came in "supermodel" proportions. Bare has some suits in sizes for those of us who aren't as thin as we'd like to be........... Not too sure about the size variety in 3 mil (I needed a 7), but they're worth a look. Most companies have VERY stretchy material these days, as well. And (if your budget is up to it) there's also the custom route. Hope this helps.

Look up Terrapinwetsuits. com. Call and talk to XChris Summers and you will get the PERFECT fitting suit of your dreams in the color and style you want.

Jim Rogers

If you want a suit that really, really fits you the way it should, contact LiquidFit.Com ~ Wetsuits That Fit Like They Were Poured On You.

I experienced much the same problems as you. I'm your typical size 14, but try to find a wetsuit!! I think that they think that all female divers are a size 2. I spent many years totally frustrated, wearing a guys suit!!!

I've had my custom wetsuit now for over 3 years. It's the very best thing I've ever done. The pricing is reallly not that bad.

Anyway, good luck to you. I hope that you find something that fits you well.
SWT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom