Exposure suit colours!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adstaa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How many have a crazy out there colour on their exposure suit that always warrants weird looks from passers by and jibes from your buddies? What's the colour and why did u choose it?

my dry suit is a diverite 905 that is safety orange/black. this thing glows brighter than most safety sausages. i got it for 2 reasons: 1. it's easy for students/buddies to see me in the low vis we have here and 2. there were only 5 of that colour in the country when i got mine. it's good to look different....haha

i get everything from "dude the 80's is over, let it go man!!" to "i am not getting on the boat if you're gonna wear that!!!". :D

ads

I'm a BARE kid so it's pretty much black and gray for 3, 5 and 7mm. Even the PST cylinders are hot dipped gray. My DS has royal blue over black, it's the newest and I do like having some color. Overall not much color for me. I did get yellow fins.

Frustrated with keeping an eye on me my wife wanted color so her 7mm set is Royal blue/Pink and yellow. Looks nice and is easy to spot. Photographs well too.
She has Royal and Navy blues for her 5mm . Black and red on her 3mm.

Pete

adstaa:
How many have a crazy out there colour on their exposure suit that always warrants weird looks from passers by and jibes from your buddies? What's the colour and why did u choose it?

my dry suit is a diverite 905 that is safety orange/black. this thing glows brighter than most safety sausages. i got it for 2 reasons: 1. it's easy for students/buddies to see me in the low vis we have here and 2. there were only 5 of that colour in the country when i got mine. it's good to look different....haha

i get everything from "dude the 80's is over, let it go man!!" to "i am not getting on the boat if you're gonna wear that!!!". :D

ads

adstaa:

ads
How often do you have to replace the batteries in a suit like that?:D :05:

I kinda like the dark, subdued colors look... that way, my buddy's unnatural color scheme isn't distracting. I prefer to see a nice beam of light from their HID instead of a glowing orange ball :wink:

adstaa:

ads

Will ya turn that thing off!:D

Seems all of my wet suits, with the exception of the Harvey, has royal blue trimming.
My Bare is black, of course, with some silver reflective trim.

I did elect to purchase a Dive Rite wing in blue. It helps the students identify me quickly should they need to do so. And as it fades, it will just fade to a lighter shade of blue, and thus become even more visible.

I'd thought about getting the red wing, but figured after several pool sessions it'd go to pink. And I just aint goin' there !!!

the K

The Kraken:
I'd thought about getting the red wing, but figured after several pool sessions it'd go to pink. And I just aint goin' there !!!
And just whats wrong with pink??? (-:

Kimber

It doesn't go with the gray in my hair.

the K

Back
Top Bottom