Exposure suit colours!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, enough already!!! I give up!!!

I'm insecure in my masculinity and am afraid that if I wear something pink that I'll develop an insatiable desire to walk afghan hounds, visit boutiques, go antique shopping and tie the arms of sweaters about my neck and maybe even get a bikini wax!!!!

Ya satisfied ?????

Refelective patches is about as exciting as my stuff gets. When I was shopping for a drysuit, I wanted a nice bright Sealab 2021-style orange one, but couldn't find anything. I did see a pretty cool shorty once in the Henderson outlet. It was bright red with tons of reflective patches on it. Reminded me of Mork from Ork's suit. Unfortunatley, it was a guy's size and didn't fit me. I was bummed.

TekDiveGirl:
And just whats wrong with pink??? (-:

Kimber

Kimber,

I thought of you picking up on The Kracken's post before I even scrolled down!

Pete

Not to publicize our Website, but if you want to have fun with Dry Suit colors, check our our website www.usia.com and click on the Design Your Suit tab and have fun. I have seens some of the ugliest suits come from this, but also some of the coolest. Our customers have a lot of fun designing their own suits.

Mine is a bright Red rescue dry suit with reflective material on the arms and shoulders.

Why? The ocean is a giant place and seeing a diver wearing black in the water is almost impossible. But red and yellow stick out very bright.

If you dive in remote places where there is strong currents, I would suggest bright colors and always carry a dive light. When the boat cannot find you in the daylight, you can signal them when your floating in the dark.

My dry suit is bright orange top, black legs with bright yellow fins. I'd rather not get lost or failing that get found looking daft than turn up dead but look cool or traditional

I'm fond of yellow but the yellow as an option when buying my drysuit was so ugly that my drysuit is black. I have black, yellow and grey on my wetsuit.
I also have a set of double steel 72's in yellow.
I guess I watched too many Cousteau movies. :D

I only have one wetsuit....a 3mm shorty (which I don't actually dive in...i rent dry suits), but it is black. With blue trim. I'm boring. :D

Finally got back in the water today after a considerable lay off. everyone else in wetsuits and me getting laughed at with my glowing ball of orange. water temp was 17 degrees C. everyone complained about being cold but me......that'll teach 'em for laughin' at me.....HAHAHAHA.....

anyway, was talking to the shop owner after the dive about drysuit colours. he said he's getting the red & black 905. when i ordered mine he told me they didn't make 'em anymore 'cos i wanted the red one. turns out the aussie dive rite rep (thanks tony) made that up 'cos he wanted someone else to have an orange one!!!!!

so i remain laughed at but warm....hehe. good to see i'm not the only one out there with bright colours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom