Exposure protection in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer:
I've dove with Del Mar Aquatics for the past three years that I've been going to Cozumel, and no one has ever said a single word to any of us about not wearing gloves or having a dive knife, or anything else. And even though I'm wearing gloves, I don't touch anything.

That doesn't mean it's ok...just because a shop doesn't enforce the rules doens't mean they don't exist.

THere are 6 of us going to Cancun and 3 of us will be diving and 3 will be snorkeling. Do the snorklers need wetsuits also? Would you recommend it?

sorry for being dumb, but why the heck would gloves be not allowed?!

I mean, it's my body and I can very well protect it like I want, no?!

what am I missing here ??

(you wouldn't telling a motocyclist :you can wear your helmet but your gloves are illegal?)

Gloves are not allowed there and many other places in order to protect the reef. You are much more liable to grab the reef while wearing gloves than when bare handed.

I was just there last week and had bought a $10 lycra hood for neck protection along with my dive skin. I didn't see any JellyFish at all.

i'm here now and no jelly fish so far.

so great trip

meat tenerizer powder is supposed to be great for jellyfish stings, also.

Back
Top Bottom