Exploration- what's the furthest you've been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all my dives are fun, on avarage i usually penetrate between 300-700',

Don't get caught up in penetration distance. It does not matter if you only go 200 feet back as long as you are having fun that's all that matters. Some of the best dives are the short circuits in front of the cave.

I agree 100%. The pity is people determine their ability as a cave diver based on penetration,but miss some of the best parts.

My farthest 1400 ft Peacock Springs P1/Pothole line to Olsen sink on a 1/6th Intro dive time was 63 minutes, very cool dive. My favorite was Madison Blue, that is a real awesome cave

Don't get caught up in penetration distance. It does not matter if you only go 200 feet back as long as you are having fun that's all that matters. Some of the best dives are the short circuits in front of the cave.

I agree 100%. The pity is people determine their ability as a cave diver based on penetration,but miss some of the best parts.

Guys, I really doubt he was making a big deal of it, judging people by it or any of that nonsense. Probably just curious. He did ask separately what your favorite dive has been, also. Let's not forget his entire post and concentrate on one little bit of it, instead.

For me the longest is about 700 feet or so in P1 going down the peanut line.

Favorite cave so far is Cow downstream. Haven't been upstream yet, but everyone tells me I'm going to love it even more.

My favorite is hole in the wall. Only made it about 1100ft because we were looking around so much and enjoying ourselves.

I think my fav cave is probably still Telford (SMILE).

Vertical fisures to Posturpedic , then Great Expectations , the Gauntlet , and into Rolaids Road (YAHOO ) !!!
Thing is , Beulah-land still gives me the creeps. (not as much as it used to).

Peacock , of course is a VERY close 2nd for me.

Beano Baggins

P.S. I agree on penetration. I mean , you can do over 5000 feet in Peacock. At least for me , it's not the distance. The front is , for me , just a gorgeous as the back. :D
But that's just me.

Yep! After almost 200 dives in JB, I've been to the EOL once, and that happened this year. But I've seen 95% of all the passage in the first 2000' and about 50% of the passage in the next 1000'. Slowly working my way back...

I've done the same in Twin and have now seen 99% of the mapped passage (one of the most beautiful parts of Twin is less than 1000' from the entrance and am currently working on Hole in the Wall.

Cenote Carcol - penetrated about 3,500+ feet before hitting thirds with twin AL80s.
Total dive was 2 hours, 15 minutes.

It was pretty slow going - tight, highly decorated cave, lots of precision maneuvering.

Also went to the Blue Abyss in Pet Cemetary with stage bottles - 2 hours 20 minutes, but didn't seem as far back as the penetration into Cenote Caracol.

Guys, I really doubt he was making a big deal of it, judging people by it or any of that nonsense. Probably just curious. He did ask separately what your favorite dive has been, also. Let's not forget his entire post and concentrate on one little bit of it, instead.

Pineland Blue, 9K

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom