Experienced Dive Buddy needed on Cape Cod

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steelntime

Registered
Reaction score
Ilive near Boston but try to summer on mid Cape Co
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi

I am very new to this...

What I would like to know if there are any experienced divers that could show me the ropes on diving in Nantucket Sound. Ithink I have finally aquired enough equiptment of my own to go diving other than just rental on vacation.

I would be interested in lobstering as well as seeking out some interesting dive sites. I have the means to get us to the right places but not the experience to do so. I will be located in So Yarmouth, Ma. on most weekends during the summer months.

Thanks
M

smilies-2351.png

Want an honest answer? It helps to hire a DM for a buddy in some cases. Otherwise, try your local sub-forum here...

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help...??

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:

Not Nantucket Sound but if you can get to the lower Cape this summer you're more than welcome to jump into Provincetown Harbor to see some pretty mud/sand or grab a few bugs. If you want to do it on a regular basis you'll need to drop $40 to the Commonwealth for your Rec Lobster License. We also have a wreck or two. The Flyer is just bones and tanks of a fishing trawler but interesting nonetheless and about 55"-65" depending on the tide. I also have the numbers for another trawler that is almost unknown and very intact. It belongs to a buddy so no artifact collection allowed. I'll be down July and August, file it away for later.
Regards, Brad

PS The New England Lobstah Divers Form is what you want.

Hi
I am very new to this...
What I would like to know if there are any experienced divers that could show me the ropes on diving in Nantucket Sound. Ithink I have finally aquired enough equiptment of my own to go diving other than just rental on vacation.
I would be interested in lobstering as well as seeking out some interesting dive sites. I have the means to get us to the right places but not the experience to do so. I will be located in So Yarmouth, Ma. on most weekends during the summer months.
Thank M

Welcome to the board Steelntime. . . While this board can find dive partners worldwide, it's not the best choice for finding a partner in your home town. Hang around you local air fill source. It's winter for most of us, and if you want to dive in the winter you'll meet other winter divers when they come to buy air. . . If your instructor is local, visit with your instructor for intorductions to active divers, maybe your local dive shops will introduce you to other divers.

For local partners, look for local spots that provide air or equipment or instruction. You have a response from someone in your area. . . check out more area divers on the Forums. At the top of the page, click on the "Forums" button, Scroll way down to "Regional Travel. . . United States. . . " Then search out areas at home or where you will travel to.

A problem you have to deal with, faces us all. If you have only one dive partner, and that diver can't go when and where you can, you need the skill to find other divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom