Expecting to do 100th dive while in Maui, suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I expect to hit my 100th dive during my upcoming trip to Maui next week. I currently have 95 dives, and already have two trips set up with EH, which will get me to 99 dives. I'd love to make my 100th 'special' in some way, and would appreciate suggestions along those lines. I'll be in West Maui, if that matters.

TIA!!

Not that I've done it, but if you are AOW (and you haven't done it already), I'd try the wreck of the Carthaginian. It looks pretty cool.

I would dive Molokini front or backside or Lanai. Since you'll have to dive naked, choose your dive carefully.

Good diving, Craig

I've already done the Carthaginian. I enjoyed it, but bottom time was a little too short. Molokini backside might be interesting. Did that last year, but enjoyed it very much.

Anyone know which dive ops are 100th-dive-naked friendly? :D

You could always hook up with Shaka Doug and do a scooter dive.

You could bust a dive out to the St Anthony wreck on scooters. That would be cool and the scooters keep you going quick enough so no one would really get a good look at your nakedness!

Congratulations on two points. One, for keeping a log of your dives! That's commendable Paco. Most divers I meet (and I have met a lot of divers) don't bother with their logs. Today I took a guy who was on his second PADI logbook and was making #48. Attaboy! He is an exception even at 48 dives and I told him that it was pretty cool he does that. He showed me dives in his book from New Zealand, Australia, Mexico, etc. His memory banks were jarred by this and brought back great memories for he and his wife. It made a great day even better!

Two, for making your 100th dive! That's awesome! Good for you dude! Keep at it. I log 'em all and would be delighted to have you sign my book if you and I were to dive together! You never know when you'll make your last dive right?? So might as well log them for the memories they hold.

100 Dives!!! Right on!! I know there's been lots of cool stuff but what's the coolest thing you've seen so far??

Enjoy Maui!

Naked scooter dive? Hmmm...I have never scootered without my drysuit and undies protecting my jewels.

Looks like you already got advice for excellent dive sites.

Paco did you go to the one of the NCD dives at Fort Ross?

TSandM, thanks for the great suggestion! I've never done a scooter dive!

Shaka Doug, thanks for your comments! What really helped was buying a dive computer with PC download feature. I even have my log on my iPhone :) I've been fortunate to do some wonderful dives. Fiji was probably the most incredible - so far! Diving here in Monterey, CA still amazes me as well. Mainly, I am dreaming of where my NEXT dive will be :D

Regarding the scooter dive, what's the best way to find out more about that? email? phone?

Thanks all! Keep the suggestions coming. I only plan to hit 100 once :wink:

Think you should:

1) Go for the scooter dive with Shaka Doug
2) Choose the most crowded beach you can find on Maui
3) Check to make sure it's between the right hours, that it isn't a state holiday, on the proper day and that Doug has all the permits....:wink:
4) Don a Banana Hammock and stroll leisurley up and down the beach with your slate making notations, noting sun angle, sand composition and general observations all whilst leering crudely at small children.
5) Enter as usual wearing nothing but gear, scooter and said hammock.
6) Warhammer as mentioned above.
7) Video documentation is a must.
8) Exit back to car sans hammock

G

Back
Top Bottom