Expanding ScubaBoard to social media

Which social media channels do you actively use (diving related) ?

• Facebook

Votes: 74 47.4%
  • Instagram

Votes: 40 25.6%
  • TikTok

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Twitter

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Pinterest

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Youtube

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • ScubaBoard only!

Votes: 59 37.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Facebook manipulates people directly. Their algorithms are now made to cause disagreement and dissent so as to cause people to reply more.
Compared to Scubaboard, Facebook are amateurs when it comes to dissent!

If Scubaboard transitions to social media, I will cancel my account

If Scubaboard transitions to social media, I will cancel my account
This is an incredibly vague statement and is unanswerable as asked. Let me see if I can disambiguate your concerns a bit...
ScubaBoard is a form of Social Media already. We always have been and are a direct result of the dot com boom.​
We have had ties to other Social Media Platforms since they've been created.​
We will never be a Social Media 2.0 site ie, like FB, Twitter, TikTok et al​
We will never ever sell your data. Never. Ever.​
We are trying to make SB easier and more fun in regard to being able to create content and then share it to other platforms.​
This should attract more users and their content, so you'll have more to read and talk about.​
They'll still have to abide by all of our rules, both written and cultural​

The very term "social media" is shrouded by emotions as well as any number of misconceptions. Forums, at their roots, were the predecessors of all other social media. The staff and I have worked hard to keep SB respectful as well as relevant. Almost anything you ever wanted to know about ScubaDiving and more than a lot of what you didn't want to know can be found right here and our users represent a large portion Scuba's brain trust. I'm pretty damn proud and thankful of our progress, though I account for very little of that. I might own the URL, but we all own the community. If I ever lose sight of that, SB will suffer.

Fair enough
If Scuboard shifts primarily to any of the platforms listed in your poll, then I will close my Scubaboard account
That will probably be sometime after my funeral. Hopefully a long, long time after.

Looks like faecesbook. All gurning pictures and auto-load videos to track you.
I learned something new today.

Though I don't think learning what "gurning" is has contributed to any enlightenment in this or any parallel universes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom