Info Free Indonesian language lessons from the Indonesian embassy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyWombat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This might be of interest to divers traveling to Indonesia.

The Indonesian embassy in the US offers free Indonesian language lessons. The details below mention a requirement to live in the US. That's surprising since the lessons are online. If you are are outside the US and want to join, perhaps ask the embassy for permission. Or, contact an Indonesian embassy in your own country or region to see if they offer similar lessons.

The following was sent from education@embassyofindonesia.org. Contact that email address if you have questions.

Dear All

The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesian in Washington, D.C., through Educational and Cultural Attaché, will host:

Free 2022 FALL Virtual Indonesian Language Classes

Classes will be opened at least 20 participants could join.

Registration deadline:
Friday, August 22, 2022

Registration Link

Participant Requirements:
1. Participant should joint in the virtual class that will be held ONCE a week
2. Participants must take part in the virtual showcase after completing the class.
Discuss with instructors if you need other forms of participation.
3. Participants must join a virtual opening ceremony virtual class on
Friday, September 2, 2022, at 08:00 PM ET
4. Participant's age minimum: 14-year-old
5. Participants live in the U.S.A.

This information could be shared to your relatives, friends and colleagues who would likely to join the program.

Information:
education@embassyofindonesia.org

Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter):
@indonesiaindc
@atdikbudusa

Thank you
Sincerely yours

So sorry that i missed this

So sorry that i missed this

Lessons start again this month. Email education@embassyofindonesia.org to learn more. The deadline to register is January 6, but if you miss that deadline they can probably still let you in. Contact them ASAP though.

I have not found info online about this. I only know because I received an email.

I don't know if it's open to Canadians since it's run by the US embassy. Since the classes are online, they never really need to know you're in Canada though.

I'll be traveling this month, so doesn't work for me but thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom