Expanding ScubaBoard to social media

Which social media channels do you actively use (diving related) ?

• Facebook

Votes: 74 47.4%
  • Instagram

Votes: 40 25.6%
  • TikTok

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Twitter

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Pinterest

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Youtube

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • ScubaBoard only!

Votes: 59 37.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miyaru

Technical instructor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
During the upgrade, when the board was offline, several people used Scubaboard's Facebook page to get information about the downtime. Bit of a missed opportunity that nobody kept an eye on that page....
Time to step for the board into the world of social media. To get an idea: which channels do you use?

This information will be valuable for the team working on this. If there are any channels I've left out of the list, let me know.
Posting content from social media platforms should now go almost automatically with the latest additions and upgrades.

:instagram:
As some members have already found out, ScubaBoard has started with an Instagram channel, currently featuring Trip Reports from the board (so do add your best photo from your trip)

By the way, if you're really active on one or more of these channels and you want to contribute with your enthusiasm and creativity to ScubaBoard's team, send me a message!

Are you going to be posting threads from the board to social media?

I would remain happier, if what happened on Scubaboard stayed on Scubaboard

It's worth noting there's more to it than raw numbers; different platforms appeal differentially to different demographics. Twitter has a rep. for being politically liberal; TikTok seems to draw a young crowd; Facebook is probably the most ubiquitous of those listed (or available).

As some members have already found out, ScubaBoard has started with an Instagram channel, currently featuring Trip Reports from the board (so do add your best photo from your trip)
While I've heard of it many times, I don't have practical experience with Instagram. Out of curiosity, what was the thinking behind choosing to start with it? Just wondering about the practical differences between it and Facebook.

Don't use any of those platforms -- I'm not one of their products to sell to advertisers and resent their avaricious destruction of forums in pursuit of ephemeral titillation.

The great resource that is ScubaBoard is that you can search the forum for information. Faecesbook does nothing other than what happened yesterday. I fart in their general direction. Pah!

Please consider the consequences of letting those platforms to get a leg in on the last remaining diving forum left standing.

So none of the above -- but I can't see that option. Hey, how about a ScubaBoard option: that's soshal me-me-me-meeeeja isn't it?

I suspect we're looking at the inverse of a line I saw in a post from the Chairman, 'We have the divers you're looking for,' likely speaking to the potential use of Scuba Board as a place to market products and services.

Some people don't use much in the way of social media other than forums. Granted. But probably most of the 1st world populace does in some form, and if building Scuba Board's 'brand awareness' to a broader audience of potentially engageable divers is a goal, having a presence there can be a plus.

Let's say Scuba Board posts some high value content links on Facebook, and the content shows up in my feed. I might 'Like' or 'Like' and 'Share.' That content might then show up in other divers' feeds. And so on.

Advertising is one of the keys to market success, and if you want to grow, you've got to go where the eyeballs are. Diss Facebook all you want, they got the eyeballs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom