Expanding ScubaBoard to social media

Which social media channels do you actively use (diving related) ?

• Facebook

Votes: 74 47.4%
  • Instagram

Votes: 40 25.6%
  • TikTok

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Twitter

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Pinterest

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Youtube

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • ScubaBoard only!

Votes: 59 37.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can speak from experience, they will swoop in and knock the dog pile over...

What's the vision?

I don't understand what you want a social media presence for. This isn't a dive op or dive shop that needs to connect with potential paying customers, driving traffic to FB would cost you money.

If it's just the backup channel, it sounds like FB didn't work too well for that either.
(And there is one that works, it's called e-mail, and you know all ours.)

Born after 1980, do use social media, but prefer to keep the spheres separate. Not sure how much I'd interact with SB on FB.
I would probably just block it and be done.

I like the fact that a forum like this is much better than an FB page or other social media. It's easy to search and see new posts.
Forums maybe legacy for some but they are more useful. I'm already on some other dive forums and people dont look more than what is onscreen as there are no forum topics to choose from so the same questions are repeated again and again.

So you think that does not happen here? :shakehead:

Yes it does happen but as people can search the forums much less than on FB groups. imho

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom