Exhaling through my nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried that once also, must have put too much in the mask, got a leak and the shampoo foamed, spent 20 min underwater without mask trying to get the foam out. Now I just put a hocker in it and it works very well, cheap also.

ID

errrrrrr........ 'scuse my ignorance, ID, but what is a hocker? ANd it's cheaper than shampoo?

Please explain, very confused! :p

BTW, a "hocker" is a gob of spit.

Hyuck, hyuck, hyuck....

OHHHH.... a "hocker"! It sounded like something to do with pigs.... sorry.... for us Brits (or me at least) I would spell it 'hawk'... as in "hawk up a gob of spit"...

Enough of the spelling discrepancies - ok, I already use hockers (??can it be plural?) - always have when I've snorkelled or used swimming goggles, but always wondered why they still used to fog up. Perhaps it's because I never knew the toothpaste trick till I started diving. WHATEVERRRRRRR - I'll just try it all - you can never clean too much right?

Gasman - where do you pull all those cliches out from? (In your eye.... god! :p)

Gasman - please don't answer that last question.... I don't want to know!

:wink:

Hey, I'm sooooo glad to know that I'm not the only honker!! On my open water checkout my buddy could hardly contain his laughter when he heard me honking during our short surface swim. I don't do it nearly as much now, but I know that I'll never get a moose hickey from mask squeeze!

-kate

The Happy Hocker... jeeesh, I went there!

"The Happy Hocker"....... *GROAN*

Back
Top Bottom