Exhaling through my nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-

oooh.... you lot are just too funny. I think I'm going to be trying the bubbling mask thing - just for the laff factor. Does anybody know how well Sunlight works? (If you guys have that in the States...) I'm sure Johnson's smells a lot better and if you happen to get a bubble in your eye, isn't it "No more tears"?? Excellent... :p

Cheers

Hey all,

For me, the best reason to exhale through my nose, is that the bubbles do not interfere with my vision. It has driven many of my Divemasters/Instructors over the edge, but it is so natural, and I do like to breathe that way. It also helps with my slow reathing mantra...

Hey Pete from Orlando

That's another way of looking at it.... maybe I should try thinking of it as a way to help slow and control my breathing... Hmmmm, now have to wait two months to get back in the water! :(

Gracias

Hey Keralucu,
You've got the holes...So use them I say !!!
I blow like a trumpet.I enjoy the feeling but I have a mask with a purge valve.If you're a blower that get yourself one of those and you won't have trouble with leaks or complaints from those who haven't come out of the hooter blowing closet yet.It takes all sorts of breathers to make up the dive community.Us minorities should stand up and be counted."It's O.K. to be a Hooter Honker !"
Cheers Big Ears (And Big Nose Too),
The Gasman.

Definitely agree with the Johnsons Baby Shampoo -
Mix 1 part to 3 parts water and works a treat - spray in
your mask before you dive and don't rinse out....

scubagibbon,

i don't even premix mine. just a drop or so on the lens and rinse in the ocean/lake. works just fine and you don't have to carry another bottle with you. the shampoo lasts forever, and is cheap too!!

Oi Big Ears....

Aaarggh! The mask with a purge valve.... what a good idea... but (bugger, bugger, bugger) I've just bought a brand new one with no purge... Will have to keep going like this until I can afford another one, I suppose.

Scubagibbon and DD - thanks again for the tips on how to defog. I'm off to buy a bottle of Johnson's Baby Shampoo right now! Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles...

Cheers All Ears.... and
Hooter HOnkers of the world UNITE!

:p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom