Excursion Integrated instrument retractor mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mph005

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So, I've had an excursion for a couple of months now, and love it.

My question is where is the "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Integrated instrument retractor mount"? Do I need a special oceanic retractor? I mean, are the D-rings supposed to be the integrated mount points? I just cant figure it out.

[/FONT]

reefduffer:
Sigh... I responded to that thread with a question aboiut the Islander BC,
now realized that's in the BC section rather than the Oceanic section.

So, to have a hope that Doug Krause/cerich/Oceanic see it and reply,
I'm adding this cross-reference.
Bump... Oceanic? Please see the linked thread in the previous post.

Well, I was able to figure it out for the excursion, and it seems like a similar process for the Islander. From the pic on the website, http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/img/p_bcs_islander_blue1.jpg

it looks like under the Oceanic logo there are 2 grommet holes. This should be for both the spinner knife (seen here: http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/img/p_bcs_islander_black1.jpg ) and the retractor, one on either side.

I had a fairly generic Innovative Scuba mini-retractor that I unscrewed the ring off from the end. Placed the whole retractor inside the pocket with the cable running out through the hole, and screwed the ring back on. This works pretty well, as I have a compass attached to it.

Key things to remember, there's nothing that the retractor actually attaches to, it just sits loose inside the pocket. It's not going anywhere, and on my excursion I still have room to roll up the drop-down pocket when I'm not using it.

Back
Top Bottom