Excess harness material

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OneBrightGator:
(unthreaded, but in the same orientation as your waist strap buckle)

Same orientation? Pointed in the same direction, yes, but flipped over so that it would open into your body, not away from your body. This will prevent the ( unlikely, but possible ) event of the buckle coming loose and allowing the cannister to slide around on your belt.

Uncle Pug:
1) Don't slide your canister light all the way to the backplate if you want to reach your butt ring... gaak... hindermost ring. Leave enough room that your arm can fit between the backplate and the canister light. You're welcome.

2) Yes... by all means slide a buckle onto the webbing and clamp it down to hold the light in place so that when you undo your waist strap the canister doesn't slide off into the water or onto the pavement.

3) Trim excess weight belting with a hot knife. If you don't own a hot knife just heat the tip of one of your steak knives over the stove until it is dull red.

4) Stitch the extra weight belt material into a knife sheath. Bust the tip off the steak knife from step 3, put it in the sheath and your in business.

5) If you gain so much weight that your harness no longer fits consider the $12~$15 new webbing will cost a penalty for being a glutton. That might save you from continued gluttony which would result in a $1500~$2000 penalty for a new drysuit.

I could open an entire thread on the wisdom and sly humor contained in this response alone.

I'll just leave it stand as is, with two brief comments:

1) Hindermost Ring?!?!?! Are you kidding me?

2) Leveraging your webbing as a glut-o-meter is solid.

Very cool post. I'm still yucking..

k

Hey UP...if you cut off enough...don't you also have enough webbing left over for the wicked cool instant argon bottle mount as well? Just add one piece of bungie cord and a couple grommets and a bolt from the MC storage pack which you have left over 'cause you bungied your MC pack onto your BP (using the requisite UV resistant black zip-ties).

bwerb:
Hey UP...if you cut off enough...don't you also have enough webbing left over for the wicked cool instant argon bottle mount as well?
Those who are svelt can indeed cut off enough to make an argon bottle holder... use zipties on the mount as well.

BTW.... I've been risking my life for some time now with white zips from Costco.

Guys,

Thanks. I think I got the picture, correct me if I'm wrong. Right side webbing goes through cannister light, through a buckle and then through the waist buckle. I bought an ACB 12 and it already has a buckle on the right side pouch. The webbing in that is kinda short. Don't own a cannister light, so I don't have a clue how this sets up correctly.

Best,
Hory

P.S. A picture to illustrate would be helpful.

Uncle Pug:
BTW.... I've been risking my life for some time now with white zips from Costco.

You are the un-challenged Zip Tie master. I seem to recall a rainbow of colors on your rig(s)... maybe Costo had a sale.

:D

K

Right you are Ken...he IS the zip-tie master, I remember UP using zip ties in a pinch to create a replacement "buckle" to hold his cannister light in place.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah
Pug saves the day!
He uses them zip ties
In a wonderful way!
All sorts of colors
What can I say?
Zip-a-dee-do-dah
Pug Saves the day!

They keep his boat from leaking water!
It's the truth!
It's actual!
Everything is satisfactual!