Evo Wet Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rat314

Registered
Reaction score
Springfield, Missouri 30 Miles North of Branson Mo
I am beginning a search for a new wetsuit and am considering an Evo 5/4/3. Just wondering if anyone had any experience and comments about this company? I am having no luck finding anyone who has ever dove with an Evo.

I assume you mean this one:

EVO 5/4/3

Cheap! Might want to find out what how the seams are finsihed (for that price I doubt they are glued, taped, or double-blindstitched) and what is the neoprene manufacturer. But just about very wetsuit you buy nowadays will have significant permanent compression after a few deep dives. Unless you have like Rubatex, but that is rare to find in an off-the-rack suit, its not stretchable enough. So the best you can hope for is some decent seams.

Teksimple;
Yes that is the right suit. I wont be diving deep with this suit. Max of around 60 feet in fresh water lakes around my home state. I am looking at this as an entry level wetsuit with plans of making another purchase once I have some more diving experience and know more about what/where I will be doing most of my diving.
Thanks for the advice, I will take it to heart.

I have an EVO 3 mil. I have had it to 104ft in Grand Cayman and did subsequent dives that day. It was windy and a bit on the chilly side that day but I remained warm after my other dives. I live in the North East and primarily dive dry but I also volunteer at the zoo, scrubbing the fish tanks and I use this suit there. It has held up quite well even though it gets scrapped against the rocks and so forth while I work.

I too have an EVO 3mm jumpsuit. As well made as any other wetsuit I've found. Killer value, and looks pretty good to boot.

I have the Evo 5/4/3
its a good value and ive used it in water as cold as 70 deg (with a thick hood) and it kept me alive.
My only gripe is that there are no seals on the wrists or neck. I recommend using a hooded vest with it.

I bought an Evo 3mm full and a 3mm shorty about 1 1/2 years ago. Probably over 100 dives in the full by now and still holding up. Like mannydib said, no seals on the suit. The neck on my wife's shorty stretched, so it doesn't do much to keep the water circulation down, but she doesn't wear that one very much anyway other than as a 2nd layer over the full. Not a bad suit for the price.

One of my dive buddies has the 3mm and 5mm EVO suits. He dives them to 110fsw. I've never heard him complain about them, and they seem to fit him well. He had a hard time finding a suit with broad enough shoulders. For the price, I'd try one out. The only concern I'd have would be the compressibility on really deep dives.

teksimple:
I assume you mean this one:

EVO 5/4/3

Cheap! Might want to find out what how the seams are finsihed (for that price I doubt they are glued, taped, or double-blindstitched) and what is the neoprene manufacturer. But just about very wetsuit you buy nowadays will have significant permanent compression after a few deep dives. Unless you have like Rubatex, but that is rare to find in an off-the-rack suit, its not stretchable enough. So the best you can hope for is some decent seams.

Teksimple,

What are your thoughts on the Akona brand of wetsuits? I've got a 3mm shorty which I got for pretty cheap, so i'm not expecting the best in quality. But i'm curious as to how well they really are constructed.

rat314:
I am beginning a search for a new wetsuit and am considering an Evo 5/4/3. Just wondering if anyone had any experience and comments about this company? I am having no luck finding anyone who has ever dove with an Evo.
I also live in Missouri and Dive Table Rock an Stockton Lake. You will need a 5M or a 6.5M wetsuit unless you are very very used to the cold. It is only $5.00 more and you can use the just the shorty step in Jacket if you go to warmer waters in Florida. Table Rock on New Years Day was 50 degrees at 57 feet. I used 6.5 two piece and a hood and 2M gloves and 5M boots and a skin suit. To say my hands were cold but the rest of me was alright. In the summer time if you have a skin suit with the Famer Johns the lakes are about 55 to 60 degrees. It is nice to have the two piece because when I go down to Florida a scuba dive I either use my skin suit or if it is a little to cold , which it has yet to be in Jun and July, I can use my short step in jacket also. Just thought I would save you some money and chilllllssssss. :crafty:

Try this: http://www.diverswarehouse.com/p1170.html?ref=sb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom