Everything Blue now!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All we need now are wetsuite/drysuits with H logos on them

Don't give them any ideas...

Peace,
Greg

The regs are from Scubapro. I thought the 2nd stage was an S555 as well, but someone pointed out to me that the end cap where the adjustment knob would be is that of an unbalanced reg. It looks like the R390

according to david rhea it's a g250v not an s555

rhea_cayman-longhose0195.jpg

rhea_cayman-singletanks066.jpg

:D

Unless Halcyon is planning to follow in Edge/HOG's footsteps to make the parts kits available to divers that are certified to maintain thier own equipment (they are already available online), then the concept of re-branding is lost without the perceived added benefits being marketed to the end user.

"Branding" is all well and good, and sure, everyone wants to see their own name on pretty much everything, but doesn't this somewhat defeat the minimalist & "all black" concept that this company was pretty much built around..? What happens when the reg face plates get scratched and you now have a black and light blue stripped 'H' that shows abuse..? Are these being markewted to the Mercedes and Beemer crowd that would replace them at the first sign of a scuff mark..?

Is the plan simply to create walking talking Halcyon billboards like so many of the other companies have done by catering to Rec divers..? If this is the case, then they may well have lost their edge by breaking with their tarditional stance.

I was told by a very high up Halcyon employee that the majority of their business is from Rec divers which quite honestly surprised me to hear that, given the numerous other more affordable options available. That statmenent does kinda reinforce my thoughts above in regards to focusing on a specific target audience however.

-Tim

The way I look at the situation tec divers will be much better served by a financially healthy Halcyon. You can rest assure that the techincal equipment research and development will continue at a strong pace well into the future given GUE's continued world record setting dives and highly sophisticated projects. I see no reason why Halcyon cannot also serve the rec/tec market that DR and other companies have been domintaing in the past. Give a company a break!

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly for the most part and I absolutely love my new Halcyon Infinity, but, it still leaves to question whether this is straight re-branding or something else which has yet to be stated..? One would be pure fluff, while the other would be greatly beneficial... It just hasn't actually been stated yet, though I'm gonna go out on a limb to assume that it would be the later.

-Tim

What happens when the reg face plates get scratched and you now have a black and light blue stripped 'H' that shows abuse..?

Then you'd have a perfectly good regulator that shows it's actually being used for it's intended purpose :wink:

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom