Europe - the cost of having the Euro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I lived there( not in Italy ) for 6 years. It use to be a place I hoped to retire to but in recent years it's gotten so bad. The point is that if you worked together instead of everyone thinking they are better than the country next door you may prosper more.
I think the main problem is the most ambishous people have moved to the United States. When you think about the size and population of the US its mind blowing how we manage to stay together. People from all over the world want to either live here work here or be like us. I have yet to see anyone that said "you know I think I'll move to Italy cause my chances for a better life are there" At least no one in America. But I do know my family got on a boat about 100 years ago and came to America for a better life and found it.America is what it is because previous generation
sacrificed to make it this way. Todays Europeans know no sacrifice. They think not being able to go on holiday is a sacifice. Having to work overtime is a sacifice. Just look at what you play in taxes so the government will take care of you. There is no reason to sacifice, if I become unemployed the government will be there. If I get a cold I will still get paid no need to hurry back to work. If I just want to take some time off that's fine I got all kinds of vacation coming. All this stuff is not free. You pay for it in taxes.
That's why your gas is so exspesive. That's why your cost of living keeps going UP AND UP AND UP. The eastern European contries will end up being the ones that will prosper because they know what it's like to have nothing and are very hungry. They will do whatever it takes to make it. Western european have lost that concept.

Why don't you come over here and fix it for us fgray1. Or, you could just stay where you are, we might just manage without you.

Should have included a :)

I don't really want to argue with you fgray1, you are entitled to their opinion, but you've made your point.

You guys have paid your dues.
As has most of Great Britian. The Irish and the British have always been willing to bite the bullet when push came to shove.
And didn't ***** about it afterwards.
My point being if your not happy with the way it is then do something to change it. Don't be complacent don't blame it on the Euro. :) :) :)

:) I must say I'm intrigued

>>They think not being able to go on holiday is a sacifice. Having to work overtime is a sacifice. Just look at what you play in taxes so the government will take care of you. There is no reason to sacifice, if I become unemployed the government will be there. If I get a cold I will still get paid no need to hurry back to work. If I just want to take some time off that's fine I got all kinds of vacation coming. All this stuff is not free. You pay for it in taxes.
<<

All that stuff is true here too (though maybe less so than other European countries)! Come on now, you tarred us all with the same brush, you can't just say now "Ireland and GB are exempt" because . . . because what? Ireland's got the Euro, we do plenty of moaning and paying without taking any action.

I have been to and live in the other counties. All I heard was complain complain and complain about how screwed up their life is now because of the Euro. I haven't live or traveled to either GB or IR so I can only go by what I see and here from elseware.
I have lived and traveled the main land of Europe though. On my last vacation there just 4 months ago I left early cause all I heard was negetivity. This sucks that sucks everything sucks. And when I asked if it's ao bad then why not change it. The answer was well that means I might lose what I have or have to give something up. Although I do like the furniture.
As for Ireland If it's the same way there then you have my sympathy. Not in a bad way. I can only speek from my experiances. Sorry if I pissed you all off.

fgray1 once bubbled...
Todays Europeans know no sacrifice.

You know us all, don't you? All 360000000 europeans are the same, aren't they?
And all 260000000 americans are equal, aren't they? And they're 10 times better than anybody else, aren't they?

Perhaps you didn't meet me, I work hard, sacrifice a lot, make plenty of money, have an excellent life, give to the goverment 10 times more than they'll ever give back to me...
And not only I never complained about the Euro, I am very happy we have it (read above, at the beginning of the thread).

Your generalization is pathetic, like any other generalization.
And by the way, I know many americans that moved here.
Read a bit more, learn to dig deeper into things, you will be surprised how similar people is on both sides of the ocean.

Back
Top Bottom