Estimate for Nemo repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joseph R.

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Phil and Zak

I have a Nemo dive computer and it looks like I put a small crack in the crystal. I like the computer and would like to have it fixed (it’s out of warranty). I have talked to costumer service here in the United States and they could not give me an estimate on the repair because it has to go back to Italy.

Who can I contact that can give me an estimate (ballpark figure) on having it fixed?
How long will it take? Do I go through a local distributor? Is it worth the trouble?

Thanks
Joseph R

Hi Joseph,

I will get you an estimate on the repair, probably won't have it until after the weekend since it is Friday evening at the factory and they are closed.

You have two weeks transit (to and from) plus repair time (will check on this).

Regards

Phil

Thanks Phil!

Joseph R.

Hi Joeseph,

There has been good news in the Phil Mintz family this weekend and he may take a couple of days off. Please be patient, I'm sure he will respond as soon as he can.

Sincerely,

Zak

Hi Zak,

Phil has already sent me a PM with all the info.

Thanks for checking.

Joseph R.

Hi Joseph,

I will get you an estimate on the repair, probably won't have it until after the weekend since it is Friday evening at the factory and they are closed.

You have two weeks transit (to and from) plus repair time (will check on this).

Regards

Phil

I have the same problem, so would also be interested in the estimated cost of repair.
I dropped this about 1 foot from my car door pocket, onto a pavement. I am suprised it broke so easily.
Is it possible to just buy a replacment glass and do it myself.?

Thanks

I believe the cost to replace the glass is $125, we do not sell the glass, it needs to be sent to the factory.

Phil

Thanks for that,

I have fixed the crack with superglue, and it doesn't appear to leak anymore. I would have replaced the glass if it was available but I don't think it's worth $125 to get fixed.
I was anyway fed up with the 50 attempts every time before it would download the data using the IRIS. I found I only did the download when I had 30-40 dives to log because it was so much trouble.
Next time I'll buy something a bit more robust.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom