Escape "options"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RetMTFE

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm seriously looking at the Escape. The problem is, the more I look, the more confused I become as to what is "standard."
Depending on which retailer's site you look at, you get:
1. Weights: some say it has EZ Lock, others say ripcord (no offer of an option)
2. D-rings: some say stainless, others say delrin (plastic)
3. Size: some offer one measurement option, others offer two (waist and shoulder to waist)
:idk:
Please clarify.
Thanks

I believe it comes down to model year with regard to the weight-integrated option. The older Escapes had ripcord systems, the new ones don't. I know this for a fact - however, I don't know if Zeagle gives you an "option" as to which you want on a new one.

The weight system is standard with the pull out system. The catalog says no different but I would guess anything is possible. The D-rings are currently stainless and the sizes are measured by waist and and shoulder to waist measurements.

Hmmmmm...... Looks like someone edited their website after I made this post

I'm seriously looking at the Escape. The problem is, the more I look, the more confused I become as to what is "standard."
Depending on which retailer's site you look at, you get:
1. Weights: some say it has EZ Lock, others say ripcord (no offer of an option)
2. D-rings: some say stainless, others say delrin (plastic)
3. Size: some offer one measurement option, others offer two (waist and shoulder to waist)
:idk:
Please clarify.
Thanks

1. All current Escape BCs have ONLY the pull out weight system. The ripcord weight system is NOT available on the Escape BC.

2. The d-rings are stainless steel.

3. The ONLY adjustable part of the Escape BC is the waist panels. The shoulders are sewn in and are NOT changeable.

If you are interested in the ripcord weight system and the personal fit system, you would need to look the the Stiletto BC.

Thanks,

Scott

Sorry about that. I did make corrections.
Sometimes we don't receive notification when a change is made!! ( Grumble at Scott )
I had an old description copy and pasted in there that said the rip cord was standard and pullouts were optional.
Thank you for pointing that out.

The initial shoulder measurement upon ordering is correct.
You just cant swap the shoulders later as you can with the other Zeagle BCs

I agree it has to do with older Escapes. When I bought mine there was a choice of rip-cord or the pull out, and my D Rings are plastic.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom