Ernesto closes on the Windward Islands and the Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bad news is he's shifted to come straight for you - subject to change.

The good news is he's losing power. A Tropical Storm is just a blow out with flooding.

The dive shop is watching it close. What looks to be live radar feed. We are hopeful. Ernie seems to be losing some steam. We shall see. Certainly beautiful today though.

With the current predictions, I don't think it will stop you from diving. Year before last we were diving at Fantasy Island on the south side of Roatan when a storm skirted the Bay Islands. We were on the sheltered side and actually dove on the day the storm went by! If AKR gets their boats around soon enough it shouldn't be a problem. Best of luck to you!

It looks like Ernesto is passing 200 miles to the west of us. There will be a day of rougher then usual weather, however I have just enjoyed 4 dives this weekend so come on down and enjoy our island life

I was rainy and pretty rough yesterday. It does appear that Ernesto made a pretty sharp turn to the north and is not going to hit us that hard at all. Ernesto looks to be going north enough to spare us anything too rough.

---------- Post Merged at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:28 AM ----------

It is raining and a little breezy right now. We have returned to Anthonys Key, they have brought the boats back and I would assume from the looks of the position of Ernesto and his forecast path that we will be diving tomorrow. Not for certain but entirely possible.

Hurricane Warning now includes Cozumel, from Tulum south to Belize City: Hurricane ERNESTO Public Advisory
But all the computer models seem to agree on landing south of the Sian Ka'an Reserve.

at201205_sat_anim.gif

We keep getting bands of rain and wind here. They seem to be getting less intense. We are back at Anthony's Key now. It seems to be settling down and everyone is hopeful for a day of diving. They brought the boats back today and other than the rain and 20-30 mph wind gusts it isn't bad here.

---------- Post Merged on August 8th, 2012 at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous Post was on August 7th, 2012 at 08:44 PM ----------

Ernie had landfall last night. A few showers and light breezes this morning. The clouds don't look as dense as they did last night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom