erdpml issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crunchiespg

Contributor
Reaction score
i have a pretty new erdpML, only a couple months old. never left my house.
I'm just working on my DM course and needed to use it, took it out to find the battery seemed flat.
no problem, popped in a new battery, it turns on, cycles through it's self check gets to select mode screen and then does nothing. none of the buttons work.
I've tried 2 different batteries, both i know to be good.
when it eventually auto powers off it won't turn on unless i remove the battery and replace it.

it worked perfectly a month ago, it sat in my desk drawer and now it wont work at all..

any ideas other than taking back to the shop to see if they'll help?

Sounds like you need a new one.. Consider it a Very tiny additional cost on your way to dm

Sounds like you need a new one.. Consider it a Very tiny additional cost on your way to dm
lol, its the only cost i'll face, other than the course itself... i think i have everything else i need.

i just downloaded the iPhone version, which is ok... ill take the other one into the store when i next go.
stupid things aren't very reliable though if it can't survive never even leaving my office.

I've had mine since they came out. Still works.

Doubtful, they are "duck soup simple".

Doubtful, they are "duck soup simple".
yep,
the only thing i can think of is the battery it came with went flat very quickly, it only lasted a month or two. so maybe it has fried the internals some how. ill leave it without any battery for a while and let any capacitors in it drain and try it again later. but i think it bit the dust..

lol, its the only cost i'll face, other than the course itself... i think i have everything else i need.

i just downloaded the iPhone version, which is ok... ill take the other one into the store when i next go.
stupid things aren't very reliable though if it can't survive never even leaving my office.
Completed any required elearning, have dm crewpack,dm course has expenses besides the tuition for it.

Completed any required elearning, have dm crewpack,dm course has expenses besides the tuition for it.
yep, i was including elearning in the course cost, which combined comes out to the same price as the old classroom based course anyway. the crew pack is part of the course cost in my dive shop.
just finished the elearning.

They're not waterproof, you know.
Get the u/w housing next time. I got mine from ikelite.

Back
Top Bottom