AP handset button stuck on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1fspeed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Having some trouble with my 2023 Inspiration handset. Ordered it new last year, and just finished my MOD 1 in Florida (Blue Grotto - fresh water) a couple months ago. It's been in Lake Superior twice, and the high school pool the other night where the right hand button seemed stuck on. The button itself felt totally normal but was unresponsive such that I was unable to power down the unit.

Loaded it up. Gave it a rinse at home and when it landed on my workbench later that night the button was working again...

In that attached screen recording of the AP insight software you can see the button flickers on/off constantly.

I'm in Minnesota, it was in the 40s°F outside, the unit in my car for a bit and cold, but the pool area was quite warm and humid leaving noticeable condensation on the handset...Related?

Anyone else experience this issue?

Just asked a few of my mates that have dived Inspo,s for years, their advice is you need to contact AP, did you want their direct uk number? (One guy had new buttons fitted at factory)

First image is UK number, the second is US,

1774F338-10E9-4D5C-9A10-9535A58E51C3.png
E50372AC-1996-4FDF-8AB3-232BEA507678.png

Thank You for checking around. My instructor is looking into it as well - he works part time for silent diving (US distributor), but thought I'd ask around to see what I might be in for.
No need for the UK number... imagine if I have to send it in it'll go through Silent Diving.

Just bummed it might have to send it off for repair after just 25 dives.

Thank You for checking around. My instructor is looking into it as well - he works part time for silent diving (US distributor), but thought I'd ask around to see what I might be in for.
No need for the UK number... imagine if I have to send it in it'll go through Silent Diving.

Just bummed it might have to send it off for repair after just 25 dives.
No problem, (I’m UK) in fairness to AP they are pretty good with looking after people that have issues, I hope you get this sorted quickly buddy

AP (in Europe at least) customer service are second to none, if your unit is just a year old I'm sure they'll help you out.
Excellent. I’m sure they’ll get it sorted… hopefully soon, the silence of CCR is addictive🤞

AP customer service is great! Almost personal, i am sure the nice people at Silent diving will help you

As your unit is so new, I would avoid self repairs, its still under warranty.

Not sure how the service is over the pond, but in the UK I would post that back to AP

You could try soaking it in warm soapy water to disolve any gunk under the switch. its also worth noting that the 2020 has magnetic switches, perhaps AP have a way of home fixing with a new button/magnet sent to you

As above, call AP

Tried the soapy water soak, and did one short/shallow dive where everything worked as expected. Even so, it didn't seem wise to assume it wouldn't' happen again so I messaged AP directly the other day.

From the log file I sent they said "there are 3 restarts of the handset logged during that dive". Nice to finally hear back but they also said service turn around times are 6-7 weeks.

Hopefully they underpromise and over deliver as around here the lakes are frozen for 7-8 months a year.

Fingers crossed I won't be blowing bubbles for too much longer😂

Tried the soapy water soak, and did one short/shallow dive where everything worked as expected. Even so, it didn't seem wise to assume it wouldn't' happen again so I messaged AP directly the other day.

From the log file I sent they said "there are 3 restarts of the handset logged during that dive". Nice to finally hear back but they also said service turn around times are 6-7 weeks.

Hopefully they underpromise and over deliver as around here the lakes are frozen for 7-8 months a year.

Fingers crossed I won't be blowing bubbles for too much longer😂
Ap usually reply the same day, you contacted AP UK? or a service center?

Its the start of the season, they are always rammed during these months

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom