Equipment Marking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pongo1998

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Where and how do you mark all of your equipment so you can identify it? I am going on vacation and would like to know what you use to tell your equipment from everyone else's if it were to get mixed up.

Mine is usually the only BP/W and reg with a long hose so I can easily spot my gear that way, if that fails I'll just look for the Apeks first stage and HOG second :)

In all seriousness though, paint pens works great along with sharpies...

Permanent paint marker. Course I'm like Lewis. I doubt anyone else wil be diving the same set up and I also would not allow anyone but me or my buddy to handle my gear, put it away, rinse, or store it out of my sight.

Reactions: Tug
I, very carefully, using a small tipped soldering iron burn 3 small dots in the shape of a triangle on all my gear. Not necessarily visible to others but I know where they are. On equipment with no plastic e.g. my plates I use a hole punch and put the same 3 dots.

And as another poster/s have also said so far when traveling I have always been the only person on a boat with a BP/W set up and bungeed red.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom