Equipment ID tags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakjar

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know another place to get the equipment id tags besides through DAN?

I think the idea of putting an id tag on your gear is a good one but DAN tags cost around $5.00 a piece and look like a dog lisence.

IF anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

To view the DAN Tag: http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/catalog/geartags.asp

Well....this is an option...but...

It wasnt hard for me because I live in a "military town" and I went to a place that stamps out ""dog tags"" for a buck each. I put them on my gear with plastic electrical ties. The dog tags are made of material that wont rust and the plastic ties obviously wouldnt rust either.

How close are you to Ft Lewis area?>??
Rich

Check out biological supply companies and forestry supply companies. In the field I often use stainless steel and plastic tags that I engrave myself in order to tag animals. These tags are fairly cheap and stand up to the elements very well (even salt water). Just do a search on the net and you should get a lot of hits. The tags I use are provided by my university so I am not sure where they gets theirs.

I never thought of putting tags on my gear but now it sounds like a good idea.

RICHinNC once bubbled...
Well....this is an option...but...

It wasnt hard for me because I live in a "military town" and I went to a place that stamps out ""dog tags"" for a buck each. I put them on my gear with plastic electrical ties. The dog tags are made of material that wont rust and the plastic ties obviously wouldnt rust either.

How close are you to Ft Lewis area?>??
Rich

RICHinNC

I live in Portland, OR and Ft. Lewis is in Tacoma, WA. That is approximately a 2.5 hr drive. However, I go there and dive so I may stop by sometime and check into the dog tag idea. Although I wore them for four years myself, I did not think about using them on my gear.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Rob:clapping: :scuba:

Your question about DAN tags, We sell Military Dog Tags at dogtagUS.com.
We have several customers ordering tags to mark their scuba equipment.
We sell 3 tags, 1-27" chain and 2 key rings for $6.00

At Dive-Logs we have recently launched a new product called ScubaTags which is designed for just this use. You can have whatever you want engraved (5 lines of text, 20 characters per line) on a small discrete waterproof plastic tag. They are extremely robust, UV resistant and come in 4 colours.

More Info here:

http://www.dive-logs.com/products.jsp?ProductCategory=15

Best Regards,

Mike Fenney
www.dive-logs.com

7 pounds each????? Are you kidding. sorry mate, that price is way out of line for a US customer. thats somewhere around $9 or more each....not to mention shipping.

Please let me know if I missed something here.

rich

RICHinNC:
7 pounds each????? Are you kidding. sorry mate, that price is way out of line for a US customer. thats somewhere around $9 or more each....not to mention shipping.

Please let me know if I missed something here.

rich

I agree, you can get tag made for much less. Tags need to be replaced if lost or damaged. These tags are formed plastic and cost about $1.50 each +shipping.

http://www.qcengraving.com/etags.htm

Ice....I went to the site. How do you figure $1.50??

What I read was 65 cents for the plastic blank...and 15 cents per letter.

At 40 letters per name and address....no ph no......thats a heafty price over $1.50.

So far....I think I will stay with my "dog tags".

rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom