EON Steel firmware update suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Local reps cannot upgrade so followed instructions on Suunto site and went to DHL. Sent today so hopefully back soon.

OK, so my Eon Steel finally arrived. A short overview of the process for everyone willing to try:
- I placed an online upgrade order at suunto.com on 24th of January (Sunday)
- On the next day a DHL courier picked-up my device and delivered it in Finland on Tuesday
- On 1st of February I received a notification that my device has been checked and found eligible for an upgrade after the payment of the 80 EUR fee, which I immediately did. The fee is payable through PayPal.
- On 3rd of February I received an e-mail that the device has been upgraded and sent back to me.
- One day later and 11 days after I placed the order, I received my device back.

The upgrade procedure includes not only the new software, but also a maintenance service including the replacement of the buttons, new o-rings, sealings and gaskets, a new display shield, a functional test and a 3 months service warranty.

Europe sounds a bit faster than the US but gives me hope my wait shouldn't be much longer. I’m 16 days in and still waiting on the Bühlmann Upgrade. I shipped my Eon Steel out via UPS from Seattle on January 19th and Suunto received and signed for it on January 21st in Ogden, UT. As of February 4th, status is still listed as “Received”.

This is a brand-new Steel, purchased directly from Suunto. It has never been used so the check-up should not take long. I had upgraded to the most current decompression algorithm, Suunto Fused™ RGBM 2 just before shipping it out.

Good luck so you can play with your new toy.:)

Europe sounds a bit faster than the US but gives me hope my wait shouldn't be much longer. I’m 16 days in and still waiting on the Bühlmann Upgrade. I shipped my Eon Steel out via UPS from Seattle on January 19th and Suunto received and signed for it on January 21st in Ogden, UT. As of February 4th, status is still listed as “Received”.

This is a brand-new Steel, purchased directly from Suunto. It has never been used so the check-up should not take long. I had upgraded to the most current decompression algorithm, Suunto Fused™ RGBM 2 just before shipping it out.

I received my Eon Steel back today, February 16th, 2021 after having Suunto do the Bühlmann Upgrade. Everything went OK even if it took a little longer than I expected.

Firmware listed as v 2.5.149

My only concern is the list of parts provided and final comment (see attached) mentioning a 90 day warranty. I'm not happy a brand new computer, purchased from Suunto, that has never been in the water, now has a shorter warranty than a new computer should. Seems silly to replace buttons on a brand new computer, I can only assume they just replace the same parts on every computer regardless of condition.

Suunto_Service_Upgrade.jpg

I just received my service report after sending for upgrade and as I understand it from the below the 3 months is for computers with expired warranty only. So if brand new and still got remaining warranty left this will prevail over the 3 months.

Quote: "Service includes a three (3) month service warranty which applies if the original device warranty has expired."

Suunto EON Steel software update 2.5.168
Released 31 March 2021

The software update 2.5.168 brings enhancements to the battery charging functionality only in Suunto EON Steel computers, which have been upgraded with the Bühlmann 16 GF dive algorithm.

Interesting that SuuntoLink now lists my dive computer as "Suunto Eon Steel Black"

Suunto_Steel_About.JPG

Is #Suunto Eon Steel Discontinued?

Attachments

• 5E845487-FB71-424F-B309-2C278AEE5AE1.jpeg
    5E845487-FB71-424F-B309-2C278AEE5AE1.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 114
Is #Suunto Eon Steel Discontinued?

I have heard it is being replaced by the Suunto Eon Steel Black. I'm not sure if there is much difference or not but the Steel Black will come with the Bühlmann option in addition to RGBM 2.

I have heard it is being replaced by the Suunto Eon Steel Black. I'm not sure if there is much difference or not but the Steel Black will come with the Bühlmann option in addition to RGBM 2.

Suunto Should Spend More Time Fixing the Eon Dive Computer Software Bugs/Features.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom