Entry level trimix vs. Advance Trixmix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was thinking about doing that as well but here in Victoria, Australia we do most of our tech dives in the 45-55m range on air (in our backgas). Not the best Idea I know but helium costs a fortune ($200+ to fill 12L twins). Without being rude I'm not interested in anyone telling me that it's not safe. I know it's not ideal but I'm pretty sure I would not have access to dives in the 45-55m zone if I don't do extended range. The dive charter services will not let you dive to depths your not qualified for. And I think if I only had my Normoxic (without ext range) they would only allow me to to a dive past 45m+ if I was on helium. Need to check up on that though.
There is nothing wrong with diving on air to 55m

Wow, nice thread resurrection! And with equally bad advice as the OP got (Air at 55m to hypoxic trimix at 100m with several stages sounds like a great progression - not!).

Air at 55m has a gas density of 8.37g/l, significantly higher than the "hard maximum" of 6.2g/l recommended by Gavin Anthony and Simon Mitchell after their research on gas density and CO2 retention.

There is nothing wrong with diving on air to 55m
14 years to come up with a reply and this was the best you could do?

14 years to come up with a reply and this was the best you could do?
And it's been 10 years since the OP last logged on.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom