Enter Key Doesn't Work - Windows 8 / IE 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow.....just wow (@ the OP). You have Chrome installed. Use it. Internet Exploder is nothing but one HUGE problem with everything. Delete it from your system and enjoy life. No I am not in IT but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

This is the thread where he felt the "customer service" responses were aggregious enough to quit the board?! The only aggressive reponses here were his own... and it is pre-release! :)

OK...

First: Windows 8 is not available for retail purchase to the general public at this time. It's been released early to pros and to Enterprise Users so they can get ready for the release. I am sure vBulletin will resolve any issues on a timely basis. However, the first rule of diving tells us to not hold our breath.

Second: I was able to get an Enterprise edition of the 64bit OS and IE works fine for me. As always, Chrome seems to work better.

Third: This one strange OS. It takes a bit of getting used to having no "Start" button. I'm beginning to like it, but it will take a bit of getting used to. I don't like how it's trying for a tablet w/apps appearance. I did install a Start Button hack. I was surprised that it installed my network printer automagically with no prompting from me. Kewl. In fact, there were no outstanding device issues after installation.

Fourth: While it was time for me to re-load my PC, I still can't believe I am going through this AGAIN. I never do the "upgrade" but rather a clean install. Google has made this a lot easier, but it's still a PIB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom