Enter Key Doesn't Work - Windows 8 / IE 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrpai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I upgraded to Win 8 / IE 10 and now when I compose messages the enter key doesn't work. Does anyone else have this problem on Win 8? It really makes for some long run on paragraphs...

---------- Post Merged at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Seems
to
work
on
Chrome
though.

(vBulletin and IE10 are big name tools. Suprised it's that badly broken.)

Um, yes it's final.

Win 8 has release in october last I checked and were just in september?

Windows 8 RTM out now for MSDN, TechNet subscribers | Ars Technica

---------- Post Merged at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Did some googling and it seems like this has been known for awhile. One vBulletin admin mentioned setting the server to tell IE to render as 9 instead of 10. Surprised this didn't get ironed out better either by vBulletin or Microsoft. Maybe there are some updates out there...

Since this is ScubaBoard, and not vBulletin.com, the fact that our vBulletin version is incompatible with unreleased to the public software is not really a site support issue.

I would imagine that as the public release is available that vBulletin will most likely have an update to address the issue.

I somehow knew you'd say that. Windows 8 is very much a publically available, shipped released version. I guess it's just easier for you to punt.

A MSDN RTM is NOT a public release. Public release is late october..

(And theres probably going to be atleast three patches ready for download by the time it IS a public release too)

Are you even in IT? (I'd press enter here but well, I can't! ) Do you even know what RTM and GA mean? I've been a Build and Release Engineer ( and a pretty well known one at that ) for 16 years and I think I know what I'm talking about when I say it *IS* publically available. All enterprise volume license customers, TechNet and MSDN subscribers have access. This isn't a Beta or CTP. There's no NDA. This thing *IS* released and being used in production environments all over the world. It just hasn't made it through the pipeline to the retail segment yet. But don't worry, it will be soon. So instead of argueing with me on things that you clearly have an inferior understanding of, you could just say THANKYOU for me taking the time to identify and report this problem.

Can you go to the nearest computer store and buy it? No, you cant.
In other words, its not publicly available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom