[emphasis] MEDICAL marijuana on Cozumel question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a relative who is on a pain management program here in the US that includes medical marijuana. He will be going to Cozumel next month and for obvious reasons he does not want to travel internationally with MJ in his possession, legal or not; is there legal medical marijuana available on Cozumel?

Please don't suggest that he go into town and hang around the post office. :D

no. there is no legal medical mj available anywhere in mexico. go to any of the jewelry stores and buy a bag. they won't sell you anything less than 4 grams which is a pain in the ass but I have never had a problem finding someone to give my leftovers to. Kisin is a wonderful head shop for implements of smoking. Also awesome socks and stickers.

Good lord. How did I become the resident ScubaBoard pot-head?

no. there is no legal medical mj available anywhere in mexico. go to any of the jewelry stores and buy a bag. they won't sell you anything less than 4 grams which is a pain in the ass but I have never had a problem finding someone to give my leftovers to. Kisin is a wonderful head shop for implements of smoking. Also awesome socks and stickers.

Is possession of small amounts of marijuana now legal or decriminalized in Mexico? I had heard that it was planned but I don't know if it was ever done. Is it sold openly in those jewelry stores?

Is possession of small amounts of marijuana now legal or decriminalized in Mexico? I had heard that it was planned but I don't know if it was ever done. Is it sold openly in those jewelry stores?

Meh. sort of quasi. Don't smoke it in public. Stick to your backyard or hotel room. Don't act like a 15 year old getting away with something. Should be fine.

Leftovers?
From a 4 gram bag?
:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

Don't tell anyone but I travel with capsules and have never had a problem. I take CBD daily and find this is the best way to travel with it discretely (has some THC so illegal most places). They look a lot like vitamin D capsules and blend right in with my assorted other pills in my pill tray. Not sure what you have available where you are but it's something for them to consider.

When looking for smokable flower we usually will ask staff at the hotel, a bartender, etc. The downside for someone taking it for medical reasons is experimenting with what you get for effect since the strength won't be known.

Meh. sort of quasi. Don't smoke it in public. Stick to your backyard or hotel room. Don't act like a 15 year old getting away with something. Should be fine.
Thanks, but quasi-legal will not work for this guy. I will see if capsules would be a solution for him.

Don't tell anyone but I travel with capsules and have never had a problem. I take CBD daily and find this is the best way to travel with it discretely (has some THC so illegal most places). They look a lot like vitamin D capsules and blend right in with my assorted other pills in my pill tray. Not sure what you have available where you are but it's something for them to consider.
Suggesting the smuggling of illegal substances into Mexico is a reach. I worry about the original Sudafed I take.

Back
Top Bottom