Emily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bummer...5 months of planning and waiting are gone with the wind literally. I was due to arrive in Cozumel for a week long vacation Sunday.

I hope nobody gets hurt and the reefes don't get torn up.

BradNC:
Bummer...5 months of planning and waiting are gone with the wind literally. I was due to arrive in Cozumel for a week long vacation Sunday.

I hope nobody gets hurt and the reefes don't get torn up.
All isn't lost - she's projected to arrive there about the same time you are.
I'll bet you'll still get some diving in.

8-9 years ago I went down there during Thanksgiving week, thinking there would be no rain being the end of the season.
Instead I only saw about 15 minutes of sunshine during the entire week. In fact some gals gave up and were sunbathing on the beach in the rain :wink:

A buddy and I once took a Windjammer cruise in the Windward Antilles in August on my assurances that hurricanes never go that far south in the summer. Oops! :11:

I do hope you folks headed to the Bay Islands, Cozumel, and Cancun this weekend all have Trip Insurnace. :wink:

How did they come up with the name Emily? Emily is such a sweet, nice girl name that I don't associate with massive destruction. They need to use native American names that mean things like "Beautiful lady that has fits sometimes", or "She's really nice till you piss her off"....

my family is scheduled to leave stateside very early tomorrow am, overnight in grand cayman to head to little cayman early Sat. am. So far, no travel advisories--we are trying to decide what to do. Would you stay stateside and wait it out (probably will cost about $400 more per person because airfare has gone up so much), or head down and potentially meet a major hurricane? Our travel insurance doesn't cover "potential", just an actual 48 hr delay in flight travel. If we get to LC and get blown away there...oh well! I'd love to know what you experienced folks would do ( mind you, we are travelling with my almost 80 year old folks, very hearty, but there is a limit!)

Thanks for the advice--

Hank49:
How did they come up with the name Emily? Emily is such a sweet, nice girl name that I don't associate with massive destruction. They need to use native American names that mean things like "Beautiful lady that has fits sometimes", or "She's really nice till you piss her off"....

I can think of some Emily's that I've known where it fits...

Kathy - if Emily stays on track then when it becomes a Cat 3 lots of businesses will evacuate people from Cayman. Cayman Airways are putting on extra flights for tomorrow to get people off. You may not even be allowed in as a tourist. Just to let you know.

kathy miller:
my family is scheduled to leave stateside very early tomorrow am, overnight in grand cayman to head to little cayman early Sat. am. So far, no travel advisories--we are trying to decide what to do. Would you stay stateside and wait it out (probably will cost about $400 more per person because airfare has gone up so much), or head down and potentially meet a major hurricane? Our travel insurance doesn't cover "potential", just an actual 48 hr delay in flight travel. If we get to LC and get blown away there...oh well! I'd love to know what you experienced folks would do ( mind you, we are travelling with my almost 80 year old folks, very hearty, but there is a limit!)

Thanks for the advice--
I wouldn't even think of it. I'd be on the phone with my Trip Insurance company having claim forms faxed in.

Back
Top Bottom