eMail Optout / Removal Request still glitchy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please clarrify your problem.. are you trying to optout or trying to optin and what exactly is working or is not working?

Trying to optin. I activate green button to receive e-mails, I receive confirmation but when I return the optout button still highlighted

I also am having email problems:

The email optout is nonsensical.
The options provided via a radio button (must select one, and only one) are:
* I no longer wish to receive any mailings from ScubaBoard.Com.
* Only remove me from ScubaBoard's monthly newsletter mailings, I still wish to receive forum updates.

Where is the option to NOT optout of either mailings or forum updates? The javascript for that dialog provides the values "all" and "newsletter", respectively, for those optout radio button options. Where is the radio button for "none" (or similar).

Furthermore, no matter how many times I select the second option (newsletter), my selection does not stick even though I am redirected to the accepted page and then to the forum home. I have logged out and back on many times, still always set back to "all" (i.e. I no longer wish to receive any...).

I would like to be able to receive forum updates...

That optout page is used to remove your email subscriptions only, it is not intended as a place to optin nor do preferances get saved, it is an optout link for compliance on out outbound emails. If you wish to optin or change your settings you can do so by going to http://www.scubaboard.com/profile.php?do=editoptions and checkiong "Receive Newsletters & Thread Alerts via Email".

Tech Admin:
That optout page is used to remove your email subscriptions only, it is not intended as a place to optin nor do preferances get saved, it is an optout link for compliance on out outbound emails. If you wish to optin or change your settings you can do so by going to http://www.scubaboard.com/profile.php?do=editoptions and checkiong "Receive Newsletters & Thread Alerts via Email".

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, I have the "Receive Newsletters & Thread Alerts via Email" selected on the editoptions page, but I am still not getting email notifications, and I have not been getting notifications since the upgrade. Any more advice?

As I've stated in a few other threads, we have an issue with the notification system, we are not sure what is causing it but continue to investigate the issue.

Back
Top Bottom