elastic band for backup lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mountain bike innertube, as others suggested. Surgical tubing and bungee both roll, which gets old after a while.

...actually bike innertube is a little too effective so I use black surgical tubing 'loops' to secure my lights to my harness.....it's a lot easier to remove/restow the lights with surgical tubing (reefscuba.com is where I buy mine) as you can control the tension of the loop (not too tight, not too lose) and isn't as 'sticky' /high friction as tire inner tube.

N, Nice Pinarello. I've got one that looks to be the same era frame, mine just has a bit more modern equipment (STI's for shifting, etc.). Nice stumpy as well, looks to be an M2 frame, I had one of the first M4 Stumpjumpers.

I have worked at a bike store for ages, we are happy to give away punctured tubes. If you get lucky and can get an ultralight race tube, the rubber is much thinner than the standard tubes, and therefore a lot easier to lift to put lights under.

Back
Top Bottom