El Paso.....Where the hell is that!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, we will be doing other things to, we'll be checking out all the national parks and other things in the "area" like White Sands, and Calsbad Caverns....maybe even wonder into that freak of a town Roswell LoL. We shall see. :thumbup:

Spade, this is off subject, but please tell me about your avatar- is that you, and are you in a kelp forest? If so, it's beautiful. I've never been to California, so please help.

Foo:
Spade, this is off subject, but please tell me about your avatar- is that you, and are you in a kelp forest? If so, it's beautiful. I've never been to California, so please help.

Yup, that's me. My wife took that of me while we were doing a decomp stop on a boat dive off of Catalina island. It was a really great day with upwards of 50ft of vis.
www.bottomscratcher.com

It's really pretty nice to swim in, out, and around the kelp. You can come around a mass of kelp and be surprised by all sorts of stuff, from other drivers to very large (although rare) Black Sea Bass in the 300+lb range.

It looks awesome- I need to go dive in the kelp, I can tell. Now I see why they call it a "forest." Are there very many issues with becoming tangled in it?

Spade:
Yes, we will be doing other things to, we'll be checking out all the national parks and other things in the "area" like White Sands, and Calsbad Caverns....maybe even wonder into that freak of a town Roswell LoL. We shall see. :thumbup:

I've been through Roswell, even spent the night there. I was actually quite surprised that they haven't capitalized on the UFO thing as much as they could. There were very few UFO and alien references where we were at. And we did drive down the main drag. If I were on that city council, I'd be proposing a theme park!

Foo:
It looks awesome- I need to go dive in the kelp, I can tell. Now I see why they call it a "forest." Are there very many issues with becoming tangled in it?

It's interesting how the "forest" is down on the bottom, they're quite spread out in most places it's about 3-6 feet between each holdfast (roots that grab rocks). Getting stuck....doesn't really happen unless you're a loone and decide to spin and turn when one gets caught on you. Typically if you just drop down a little, you'll come right out of it. Or your buddy can come by and unhook you. But, even still if it comes down to it, you can simply grab it and break it.

Dive-aholic:
I've been through Roswell, even spent the night there. I was actually quite surprised that they haven't capitalized on the UFO thing as much as they could. There were very few UFO and alien references where we were at. And we did drive down the main drag. If I were on that city council, I'd be proposing a theme park!

I don't remember much other than the "oh my god it's hot" heat and looking for an icecream shop to get something cold inside my body. Being it's out in the middle of now where I don't know how good an amusement park would be....you'd have to have a heat stroke tent up all the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom