Edited: First stage not flooded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did the dm mistake the yoke knob for the tank valve knob and loosen it thinking that he was opening the tank valve. Then when you hit the water it came loose.

If the problem had been the 1st stage, there would have hd to have ben a major leak.

while improbable, I suspect your unconventional entry my have forced water into the exhast tees of both 2nds and folded the exhaust valves. that would account foe the described breathing performance.

If the DM did that, and I doubt it - he's been the head DM on this boat for about 10 years if I remember correctly - why no leak? That's what has me confused.

Upon the first exit from the water, we removed the covers and checked the diaphragms on both regs. Everything seemed fine. Had the exact same issue on the next entry (giant stride).

How does the 1st stage come off and not cause a major leak? if the din/yoke insert is not all the way in one again it will have a major leak.

One the screw is loose it won't seal against the valve. So you should have had a huge leak from the tank. If you didn't see and hear the gas leaking your tank valve was fully closed.

when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Purged worked as intended, inflator worked as intended. Reg breathed as intended (both of them) above water. Below water, purge and inflator worked as intended. Reg was 80% water almost no air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom