Edge bcd/hog wing recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Purchased my HOG32 wing last June from Diver Supply and it's now with me in Phoenix.

Noticed the other day that my BPW was slowly sinking below the surface just after I had filled the wing completely up, closer inspection showed that the OPV was leaking air causing it to sink.

I took a quick look around to find this thread and also do not have a written serial # on the outside of the wing. I'm not very inclinded to take it apart at this moment to dig it out.

What do I need to do to get the replacement spring?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Ceric, I just got my very nice but second hand 32# wing in the mail and lo and behold the spring is rusty. Serial number is 9042120. The link to the request docuent on edge-gear.com doesnt seem to work. Could you point me in the right direction for a spring?

Hey Ceric,

Tried emailing you a couple of times on the email address I got when I called you (?) at edge gear, but so far no spring has showed up in the mail and no response on my emails. Luckily I'm going to the us in about a week so I'll pop into a dealer to get a replacement. I know you are super busy, but I was expecting a bit more service on this issue.

did you email me at edgediving@gmail.com? I always try to get the springs out same day. Anyway, tell me where to send the spring and I will get it to you

Hey Ceric,

Tried emailing you a couple of times on the email address I got when I called you (?) at edge gear, but so far no spring has showed up in the mail and no response on my emails. Luckily I'm going to the us in about a week so I'll pop into a dealer to get a replacement. I know you are super busy, but I was expecting a bit more service on this issue.

Hey Cerich, got the replacement spring in the mail a few weeks ago, which was great as I went to the two dealers in NYC and they wanted to charge me 35$ for a replacement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom