Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Oceanic slimline octos are quite nice.
Amazon.com : Oceanic SlimLine 2 Octopus : Diving Octopuses : Sports & Outdoors
I am a big fan of using the same second stages for primary and backup though. A Deep6 second is around the same price and comes with a service kit. Any reasonable LDS should be able to service it for you.

Deep 6 Signature Balanced Adjustable Second Stage - Regulator Second Stages - Regulators

A lot of people here, like me, have discount codes as well which should save you a couple of bucks.

I needed an octo, so I just scored a new-old-stock Sherwood Brut 2nd stage on ebay from a dive shop in S.C. for $42 delivered. The thing is virtually brand-spankin', with hose. It's meant to be a primary, not an actual octopus, so it ain't tiny and yellow, but I don't care. The Brut's are solid as a rock, and as I understand, about as cheap, simple and easy to service as you're gonna find. Lots of good stuff floating around ebay, cheap.

An alternative could be to change your BCD inflator with an integrated one like this (AIR: alternate inflating regulator), you will save the second stage, the dangling tube and the first stage port, and normally it costs a way less than a regulator (depending of the brand):

s-l300.jpg

An alternative could be to change your BCD inflator with an integrated one like this (AIR: alternate inflating regulator), you will save the second stage, the dangling tube and the first stage port, and normally it costs a way less than a regulator (depending of the brand):

View attachment 441911

I don't think you are going to get much support from veteran SB members on this suggestion. As rhwestfall intimated, it has been discussed before---many, many times.

I use them, not this one but atomic and scubapro versions, I like them for most of my diving.

View attachment 441911

If you never have to use it, it works fine.

I have been on both sides of an air share with an Air2/clone and did not have an issue.

I no longer use my Air2 clone in favor of a bunged backup, but I did not switch because of any issue with the Air2. A buddy still dives his and has found no reason to switch configuration.

Have you dived the Air2/clone or is it just against your religion?

Bob

I don't think you are going to get much support from veteran SB members on this suggestion. As rhwestfall intimated, it has been discussed before---many, many times.

I don't need support from unknown people. I am a diver.

/EOD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom